All about sushi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
    go to the kaihomaru in blok m. it is the original. quality is better there.

prices are not cheap by indonesian standards but for the quality, it is dirt cheap when you compare to singapore, japan, hong kong etc. whenever i go there, i am usually the only non-japanese at the blok m outlet. my japanese bosses also frequent it - which speaks volumes. and honestly, if you think about it, places like sushi tei aren't that cheap.

btw, the fresh fish stock arrives every tuesday and friday, so get there on those days for the best of the lot.
    That's a good tip, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksreacher
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]My first taste Sushi in New York Restaurant, but never tried at home. That Sushi was cooked with Tuna fish.[/FONT][/COLOR]
      Your sushi post is fishy, mate. It smells like a spam set up...

Comment

Originally posted by jacksreacher
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]My first taste Sushi in New York Restaurant, but never tried at home. That Sushi was cooked with Tuna fish.[/FONT][/COLOR]
        Asbun banget...

Comment

I thought it was a revelation; tuna in cooked sushi.
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

I would recommend SENJU at Plaza indonesia... for me they have the best sushi in my life so far... (never been to japan though) and after you eat SENJU... I assure you.. that sushi tei taste like crap... but be ready for the price.. because the quality comes with price...

Comment

my fave would be joobu sushi.. all you can eat sushi and sashimi.. gosh talking about sashimi makes me craving for it
              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

That whole BAM! & Senju thing is of course if you want to impress customers or you're on a business trip or so. It's also not a sushi place but more fine dining. I won't fork over 2 juta for yet another Singapore trend (as TWG, Brewerkz) and leave hungry after all.

Although sushi with mayonnaise is a big no-no in my book, Joobu isn't all that bad. And the three all-you-can-eat menu's make it very interesting too.

I think it's kind of amazing that Sushi Tei is so popular here (they're always waiting in line). Tried it once, never again. Very much a local hype and aimed at local taste (as a HolyCow for instance).

Talking about local taste; I have visited quite some sushi places in Tokyo etc. and my (mainly western) friends and family members freaked out at high end nigiri & sashimi places. They thought the ingredients used were often disgusting, the taste was nauseous and the texture was hinous. So what is for some the top of the bill, is for others rather distasteful. Rather different from a 'sushi boat' in SoCal.
                [FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

Kaihomaru for the best price/performance ratio once you go above a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                    That whole BAM! & Senju thing is of course if you want to impress customers or you're on a business trip or so. It's also not a sushi place but more fine dining. I won't fork over 2 juta for yet another Singapore trend (as TWG, Brewerkz) and leave hungry after all.
                    well.. yes its a place for fine dining.. and indulge your tongue with food.. but only for those who's willing to pay... If you looking for a full belly... then don't eat gastronomy or fine dining.... (which makes belly full just nicely)

Comment

The sushi at the Tokyo Tsukiji fish market is divine. If anyone makes it to Tokyo, do wake up really early and make your way there for the best treat in your life.

In Jakarta, for people who can actually tell good sushi from bad, Kaihomaru in Blok M and in Pondok Indah Golf offer the best bang for the buck. Other Kaihomaru locations in Jakarta I've found lacking. If you have cash to burn or want to impress your guests, take them to Sushi Masa in Ancol - also top notch, but way more expensive than Kaihomaru.

If you prefer Fishy Tei after trying the above... Well, some people think McD's 'burger' is good, so it can't be helped.
                      Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

Working...
                      X