Exodus 5 - 6 - 7 New at Kuningan City Mall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus 5 - 6 - 7 New at Kuningan City Mall

I want to let all of you know there is a new concept Club, Dining & Lounge opening in South Jakarta at Kuningan City Mall

Three levels with level 5 is a Club (not yet open) with a state of the art sound system, LED video wall, lighting, lasers and...well you will have to experience it when its open next month

Level 6 is fine dining at its best with an open kitchen concept and after dining becomes a full on club with state of the art sound system, LED video wall, lighting lasers and its currently open, SOFT opening and a short video I took with my camera is below

Level 7 is a lounge featuring Asian food and an outside terrace and will have its soft opening soon

Awaiting invitation...
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Exodus ... kind of an unusual name choice for an Indonesian entertainment/dining venue. I wonder if its a take off on or counter to the now defunct Nazi cafe in Bandung.

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
        Awaiting invitation...
        When do you want to come?

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        Exodus ... kind of an unusual name choice for an Indonesian entertainment/dining venue. I wonder if its a take off on or counter to the now defunct Nazi cafe in Bandung.
        If you are referring to the Biblical "Exodus" is not that unusual if you consider everyday in traffic coming home from work you feel as if its an "exodus".

As Bob Marley puts it in song:

"Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people!
        Oh, yeah! O-oo, yeah! All right!
        Exodus: Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah!"

Comment

When I hear the word, the images that pop into my mind are from the 1960 movie rather than the Old Testament book. That's why I was wondering about the link to the Nazi cafe. Maybe its only me who relates to old movies.

Comment

Originally posted by tihzho View Post

"Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people!
            And here's another Exodus in the business of moving people www.exodus.co.uk
            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When I hear the word, the images that pop into my mind are from the 1960 movie rather than the Old Testament book. That's why I was wondering about the link to the Nazi cafe. Maybe its only me who relates to old movies.
              Yep, Charleton Heston and friends hahaha

[SIZE=4]Let my people party![/SIZE]

Seriously though, no link at all to the nazi cafe or even close to being so

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
                And here's another Exodus in the business of moving people www.exodus.co.uk
                Yup, and a travel agency as well hahaha

Here's the web for the Jakarta Exodus...obviously still needs a bit of work :P

Comment

Maybe its only me who relates to old movies.
                  I thought straight away to the fantastic album sung and released by Bob marley and the Wailers in mid 1977. We really don't have the same references...

This Exodus album was rooted in Marley's departure of Jamaica following his assassination attempt related to the chaos of Jamaican elections.

You have to read/listen the lyrics to get what exodus he's talking about. He's pushing rastafarian to move toward their aspirations. The lyrics are an answer to the political slogan of the PNP leader and Prime Minister Michael Manley and the declaration of the State of Emergency in the island. He couldn't have write it from within Jamaica. Wonderful song.

Unfortunately Tihzho's venture will have little to do with Reggae, will it not?

Comment

Yup, many people immediately thought of Bob Marley for Exodus, however neither Bob nor Charlton Heston was in mind hahaha

Interesting it was Bob's religious beliefs which ultimately killed him ...

In July 1977, Marley was found to have a type of malignant melanoma under the nail of a toe. Contrary to urban legend, this lesion was not primarily caused by an injury during a football match that year, but was instead a symptom of the already-existing cancer. Marley turned down doctors' advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs.

Comment

I guess other (movie) references were rejected? (E.g. Tequila Mockingbird, Pulp Kitchen, Life of Pie, The Codfather, Thaitanic, Lord of the Fries, Frying Nemo, Scarfood.)

So what are the best evenings?
                      [FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                        I guess other (movie) references were rejected? (E.g. Tequila Mockingbird, Pulp Kitchen, Life of Pie, The Codfather, Thaitanic, Lord of the Fries, Frying Nemo, Scarfood.)

So what are the best evenings?
                        HAHAHA

As its the (very) soft opening AND as its just before Hari Raya Idul Fitri the weekends have had more people but its slow. After Idul Fitri it always takes a few weeks for Jakarta to return to normal as far as the nightlife goes and we expect Fridays and Saturdays to be packed. At the moment the main club is still not finished (5th floor) so clubbers will be coming to the 6th floor dining which is also a club as the video showed.

Comment

Originally posted by tihzho View Post
                          Yep, Charleton Heston and friends hahaha

[SIZE=4]Let my people party![/SIZE]

Seriously though, no link at all to the nazi cafe or even close to being so
                          I agree, there is little linkage to Heston as Moses in the 10 Commandments, but that's not the movie I was thinking of. Exodus staring Paul Newman is a story about what's left of the Jews fleeing war ravaged Europe for Palestine and the eventual creation of Israel. Exodus, the movie, might have a tenuous link to Nazis and the Holocaust. I thought so, anyway, and connected it to the recent Bandung Nazi news by way of my earlier speculation.

My link to the Bandung cafe was tongue in cheek, but I still wonder why a name steeped in Jewish history would be chosen for a eating place in Jakarta. Seems a bit obtuse to me.

Comment

Exodus 5:6-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

6 The same day Pharaoh commanded the taskmasters of the people and their foremen, 7 “You shall no longer give the people straw to make bricks, as in the past; let them go and gather straw for themselves.

Comment

so I guess the food will be kosher ?

Comment

Working...
                              X