No announcement yet.

Vegemite!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 3 hours to find vegemite yesterday before getting back on the plane. Luckily my trip to Kem chiks only took 2 hours. They had about 30 jars still and I also picked up some other favs. Thanks for the tip jim69!

Comment

Your very welcome
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

I just did a quick search to see where I can satisfy my Vegemite cravings.
        Noticed that Lazada is now stocking the 380gr version. It's cheaper than KemChik plus free delivery to Jakarta and surroundings!

http://www.lazada.co.id/kraft-vegemi...r-4395623.html

I thought this might be helpful to my fellow Aussies.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Comment

So I don't have to pay for extra baggage I just buy about 20 big jars of Vegemite when I'm in Australia, I scrape it out of the jars into a big resealable plastic bag & then mold & strap it to my ribcage like hashish in the shape of a beer gut..... I usually get away with it without any hassle but on the odd occasion that Customs in Indo get suspicious & pull me up they think I'm a bit weird
            The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by macvert View Post
              So I don't have to pay for extra baggage I just buy about 20 big jars of Vegemite when I'm in Australia, I scrape it out of the jars into a big resealable plastic bag & then mold & strap it to my ribcage like hashish in the shape of a beer gut..... I usually get away with it without any hassle but on the odd occasion that Customs in Indo get suspicious & pull me up they think I'm a bit weird
              I never said anything.!!

Comment

Originally posted by macvert View Post
                Pretty convincing evidence that Vegemite & gray matter don't mix.

Comment

I had to find out for myself what the deal was with Vegemite...on my first (definitely not last) visit to Australia last month...stayed a couple nights at my friend's house, asked if I could try a bit of Vegemite. My friend wouldn't touch it. His wife can eat it once in a while if the mood strikes..the daughter couldn't live with it.

In my opinion it has lots of savoriness, the 'umami' flavor if you will, almost reminds me of soy-sauce-ish kinda thick paste. Tasted it smeared on a saltine cracker.

(hold your enthusiasm Waarmie...I can feel you're rushing out of the door to get one right now!)

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
                    In my opinion it has lots of savoriness, the 'umami' flavor if you will, almost reminds me of soy-sauce-ish kinda thick paste. Tasted it smeared on a saltine cracker.
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Most people not in the know about Vegemite usually use too much so think it's too strong..... & too right Banana, Vegemite is also a good substitute for sauces & pastes in cooking ...not bad with cheese on a sandwich either[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Campers Stew[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]500g meat chunks[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1 large potatoe cut in chunks [leave skin on if clean][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1 large carrot cut in chunks[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1 large onion roughly chopped[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1desertspoon of Vegemite[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]anything else you feel like throwing in[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]½ can of beer[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1 dessertspoon of any type of flour[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]coat the meat in flour [toss it around in a plastic bag][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]brown the meat in a little oil or margarine or butter[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]add remaining ingredients & cook.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Vegemiters Anonymous .... if there is not such a support group, there should be.

Comment

Vegemite and butter on toasted Turkish bread. That is how you're suppose to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                          Vegemite and butter on toasted Turkish bread. That is how you're suppose to enjoy it.
                          Forgot to mention...yeah, second time I tried it I put a bit of butter too..but we didn't have Turkish bread that morning!

Comment

Moderation note: The spirit is alive and well - more deletions and more mod action required. JackoThom would be well advised to give it a rest and waarmstrong should know better than to react.

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
                              Moderation note: The spirit is alive and well - more deletions and more mod action required. JackoThom would be well advised to give it a rest and waarmstrong should know better than to react.
                              Mr. John Madden would do well to see to whom JackoThom replied to but I see he already has and deleted him (well some of it) as well without a mention of his previous posts and that he was being sarcastic and arrogant on the thread before JackoThom even responded to him...............not vice-versa!

JackoThom reacted to waarmstrongs posts first on this thread Mr. Madden (not waarmstrong reacting to me) I did so after a previous assault by him to me on another thread, I saw waarmstrong was also doing the same elsewhere and the Mods were doing nothing..... Maybe now they will.

You have to get your facts correct Mr. Madden and do not blame Mr. waarmstrong for attacking me here.

But at least this thread is back on track, so the means obtained the outcome, maybe now hopefully Mr. waarmstrong will leave threads alone from his acidic sarcasm if he has no direct positive input and contribution to them.

We can but live in hope. LOL

To all the other posters who have had to suffer this my apologies and ...... ENJOY YOUR VEGEMITE....lovely on toast I agree!

PS It ain't so bad on English Crumpets/Pikelets either..... a toasted crumpet dripping with butter and a spread of Vegemite on top, got to love it surely!
                              Last edited by JackoThom; 25-12-15, 06:04. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
                                Forgot to mention...yeah, second time I tried it I put a bit of butter too..but we didn't have Turkish bread that morning!
                                How silly of me to overlook mentioning butter, apologies for assuming ....... although not ultimately needed on a biscuit, I wouldn't dream of having Vegemite on bread or toast without butter . .... & after all these years of being led astray I didn't know the Turks invented Vegemite.....

Comment

Working...
                                X