Vegemite!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegemite!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

I live in Medan and this Aussie delight is not obtainable here. Is there somewhere in Jakarta that sells it, at reasonable price?

don't know if it's reasonably priced or if it's still in stock, but i did see it before at kemchicks kemang sometime back. can help you check it out again tonight/tomorrow if you'd like.

Comment

Search and thou shall find...

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...gemite-Marmite
      [FONT=arial black]
      [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
        Those posts were from last year.

I have also been trying to find Vegemite recently, but it seems to have mysteriously vanished from the shelves. However, as I now live in BSD, where the supermarkets are for lack of a better word... crap...I have had no such luck.

We used to shop at Ranch Market in Grand Indonesia and they always had it....

Let me know if you find any!!!

Comment

Kem Chicks Kemang had it - and plenty. Usually it's about double what your pay in Oz...although it has gotten pricey at home too! We are headed to Oz end of month - if you can work out how to get from me in Jakarta to you - happy to bring some back (alongside our supplies!!)
          Last edited by Michelle O'Brien; 28-02-13, 13:02. Reason: Spelling error. I am pedantic...I know...
          Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Now would be a good time for Vegemite withdrawl.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              Now would be a good time for Vegemite withdrawl.
              Noooooooo....waarmstrong....you will never get it!! That would be like saying to an American you'll never have another PB&J again...or no Twinkies... Cannot live without Vegemite.

Comment

Thanks, if u can check it out next time u in the shop, re availability, and if they have it will ask a friend to see if they can pick my up some on next trip to Jakarta. Appreciate your help.

Comment

no worries, get back to you on it later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                    Noooooooo....waarmstrong....you will never get it!! That would be like saying to an American you'll never have another PB&J again...or no Twinkies... Cannot live without Vegemite.
                    I understand that culinary dementia is a common affliction down under and Americans have some strange eating habits, as well. Nevertheless, that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are universally appreciated in the USA is urban legend only. As a sandwich spread, BP&J battles Vegemite for the lowest rung on the tasty ladder. The Twinkie on the other hand, is both a universal favorite and a favorite whipping boy of the healthy eating crowd. Although Hostess collapsed in bankruptcy, the Twinkie lives on.

Comment

Have you tried to find it in Berstagi supermarket in Medan? I know they used to sell marmite not sure if they have Vegemite too. It's where I used to get all my western treats. Much more choice than Carrefour.
                      The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                        I understand that culinary dementia is a common affliction down under and Americans have some strange eating habits, as well. Nevertheless, that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are universally appreciated in the USA is urban legend only. As a sandwich spread, BP&J battles Vegemite for the lowest rung on the tasty ladder. The Twinkie on the other hand, is both a universal favorite and a favorite whipping boy of the healthy eating crowd. Although Hostess collapsed in bankruptcy, the Twinkie lives on.
                        I guess being from/in Down Under our lowest ladder rungs are at the top...Vegemite roooolz!!!

Comment

they sell the small 150g vegemite at kemang kemchicks. no price tag tho... they didn't wanna check the price for me cos it's late. will update more once i persist.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                            I guess being from/in Down Under our lowest ladder rungs are at the top...Vegemite roooolz!!!
                            Good point.

Comment

marmite anyday but do read these lol

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/ulri...rsus-vegemite/

http://www.rotinrice.com/2010/02/gri...eese-sandwich/

Comment

Working...
                              X