Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Bandung: Chef's Table Restaurant - Jalan Setiabudhi 67 Phone 022-2033453

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandung: Chef's Table Restaurant - Jalan Setiabudhi 67 Phone 022-2033453

I've been dying for some good dim sum since we moved to Bandung a couple of weeks ago. We've passed the big sign in front of the restaurant, so decided to check it out for lunch.

It's a big place, with some patio seating out front, plus what appears to be a nonsmoking section inside, plus a smoking section in the back. I didn't poke my head back there, but it might be a beer garden or such.

We got separate menus, with a pork specialty menu. I was going to try something, but the majority were in the 110-150k price range.

The dim sum menu was very limited. Really only Hakou and Siumay were interesting to me. Pricing was 18k per portion of 4 pieces. I found the Hakou to be subpar. Pieces easily broke apart. They have a promo for 15% off right now, for dim sum. The Siumay was good, a little better than average.

We had some breaded squid rings. A bit tough, but tasted ok. 35k for about a half dozen pieces.

For the main course we had the chicken and mushroom soup, with pastry top. Came with fries and some steamed veggies. A good deal at 45k. Enjoyed the soup and fries, the veggies needed some seasoning. Had Es Putir, with coconut, ice and some little green thingies for dessert. 18k.

Service is 5%, tax is standard 10%.

An interesting place. Reasonable enough, but not the dim sum home I'd been looking for. I found the seats a bit uncomfortable, but otherwise, service and staff were fine.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!
Working...
X