Almond milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almond milk

Anyone know where I can find almond milk?

I you dont find the ready-made and have time, can try to make yourself.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...e-almond-milk/

Comment

Thx! I've tried asking around and no one seems to know there is such thing so yeah homemade will have to do. Make it even easier for me, can anyone tell me where to find fresh almonds?

Comment

have you tried ranch market at pacific place?
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

No I havent! Do you think they have them?

Comment

they might .. since they also have rice milk ...

Comment

I saw the rice milk at Hypermart too and got them once, didn't love it. So I tried looking up that ranch market and there are a few, which one is the closest to Lippo Cikarang? I don't know the area well. Thanks Gab for being super helpful.

Comment

ranch market ... the easiest is the one at pacific place . if you do not drive, just go by the lippo bus and stop at pacific mall..
                pacific place close to semanggi ( clover ring road) in central jakarta. ... yeah rice milk doesn't taste good...

Comment

I see... GOT IT! If I do find the almond milk, I owe you a drink!

Comment

I'm also in search for 'fresh' whole shelled almonds, i can't believe how difficult it actually is to find them in store. I did get a chance to visit China Town Markets (Grogol?), which has a lot of bulk snack items like lollies, biscuits, dried fruits, and even nuts.. they did have whole almonds but with shells on and salted/flavoured @ Rp 120.000 / Kilo - i did buy just because they tasted pretty good, but my aim is to 'snack' on raw almonds rather then biscuits as a healthier alterative. I'm still in the hunt for almonds.

Comment

YES! I miss snacking on pure, fresh raw almonds instead of salted/seasoned chips and stuff. I don't mind making my own almond milk either since I don't find pasteurized milk appealing. I've been to Lotte Mart, Carrefour, Diamond, Giant, Hypermart and found nothing. Will try the ranch market at Pacific Place as Gab suggested and will post here if I come up with something. Meanwhile if anyone else have suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated

Comment

I gave up on almond milk when i returned to Indonesia. I did continue on a quest to find almonds (best snack food ever, if you ask me), and found them at a premium (Rp 40,000 for a small bag prob about 100g) at a small Arabic store in Pasar Festival, Kuningan. icantfindid, i'm waiting anxiously to hear back from you on this.
                        "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
                        -Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by cgksfo View Post
                          I gave up on almond milk when i returned to Indonesia. I did continue on a quest to find almonds (best snack food ever, if you ask me), and found them at a premium (Rp 40,000 for a small bag prob about 100g) at a small Arabic store in Pasar Festival, Kuningan. icantfindid, i'm waiting anxiously to hear back from you on this.
                          OH MY GOSH!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I will go there this weekend!!

Comment

Wait, is that small Arabic store pretty easy to find? I've never been to Pasar Festival...

Comment

Go towards the very back near the food court area (2nd floor, i believe). It should be on the left hand side.
                              "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
                              -Bill Watterson

Comment

Working...
                              X