No announcement yet.

Inexpensive Wine in JKT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I'm in Indo...interested in buying mixed volume purchase (up to 4 bottles), hope to get discount
    Last edited by Banana72; 18-03-11, 10:30.

Comment

D***, i was too late for the Eureka's last absolut !!

At Pepenero, they have a shiraz, a merlot and i think a chardonnay, all Australian. There's also a Chardonnay from Bali, forgot the brand. All kira-kira 200 rp.

At Kemchicks, i don't remember the brand, i think Hatten or something like that. But you ask the staff there, it's the only bottles they had in the supermarket, not in the wine shop. It's close to beers and stuff.

I heard about Artisan estate, wine from Bali (just white). The grapes are shipped from Australia and crafted in Bali. Haven't tried it yet though, apparently you can just buy it there or have it shipped to Jakarta. Anyone knows about it?

@Adindas: maybe it's psychological, you think it's cheap so it's not good. I have experienced both, good very cheap wine (then i was happy) and crappy expensive one (not happy). I think it's also about luck with wines, even if you know a lot about wines and stuff, it's not a perfect science.
      I don't know for sure, but i don't think you can grow grape in a tropical area, at least i thought (but i have no idea so might be wrong) grapes needed cold... If anybody knows, please share your knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by adindas View Post
        My personal experience, if I drink a cheap wine I will get a headache on the following day ..
        I have not tried Bali wines yet, but just wonder how do they taste good as the grape in tropical countries like in Bali is different.
        Artisan and Two Island do not use Bali grapes. They ship in "Juice" from Australia and do there stuff and bottle it. I understand their wines makers are Australian as well. Now the juice may not/is not the top of the line in Australia but the end product is ok for 150,000.

Comment

I'm not a wine maker but do come from great wine country in NZ so have a reasonable knowledge of wines and wine production. As I understand it, the soil is the biggest influene on the grapes. All the wine country I know have cold winters but very very hot summers so the mix must be important.
          I have tried Hattons, Artisan and Two Islands and would happily drink the last 2 (while I am here in Indonesia, I would have a must bigger selection in NZ so those 2 might end up left of the shelf if I was there). Hattons I wouldn't bother with, I drink Gin or margarita or beer if that is the only option.

Artisan ship to Jakarta, going there on Sunday to organise a regular supply.
          Last edited by cynkawa; 18-03-11, 20:44. Reason: some typo's

Comment

So Hattons uses local grapes ?

I was wondering about the diplomatic card that some people have, and apparently you can then go to duty free shops in town... What kind of discount do you get with such a card?

Comment

I did try Hatten (both the white and the red) I should try Artisan and Two Islands. I think there's another Balinese one called Singaraja?

I have heard not so great remarks from non-Indonesians (or those who have drank wine outside Indo) about Hatten of being not good. When I drank it I thought it was on the tart and 'watery' side...but.....it was still drinkable...maybe I'm just cheap

Comment

150.000 rp is ok ..

Originally posted by cynkawa View Post
                Artisan and Two Island do not use Bali grapes. They ship in "Juice" from Australia and do there stuff and bottle it. I understand their wines makers are Australian as well. Now the juice may not/is not the top of the line in Australia but the end product is ok for 150,000.

Comment

Originally posted by leyton View Post
                  Economical sense yes maybe but if I have to get on Air Asia et al just to buy some booze then I think I really ought to consider my priorities in life.
                  Haha! Yes!

Comment

I got 2 boxes of Bali Hatten on the way..but I only like Alexandria and Jepun ( sweet taste)...its not the best wine but its good enough for party.
                    Regards STT.
                    PS: If typo, blame it on Apple and Samsung!

Comment

I wouldnt call it cheap, but nice variety, are they all in stock ?

Comment

Thanks for asking

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                        I wouldnt call it cheap, but nice variety, are they all in stock ?
                        Mostly Yes
                        If you have your own favorite which is not in a list i could help you Sir

Comment

G'day Eureka.I am interested in buying some wine...How does this work?Cheers

Comment

I've my own supplier for booze. Eventhough they're from Bandung adn have to courier it to Jakarta, but it's wayyy cheaper than buying at a booze shop in Jakarta.

Their cheapest wine is 185k for a Californian Livingston. They're actually quite decent for a party.
                            [COLOR=black]
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X