What kind of job should I look for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of job should I look for?

Hey. I'm Daniel, 21 years old from Brazil. I came to this forum because I've never traveled abroad before so I'm a bit clueless on exactly how I should look for employment there. I was told by a member that Indonesia only wants English teachers whose native language is English so I guess I'm ruled out for that. However I have to wonder if a TOEFL certificate won't do?

Anyway, what should I expect to find job there as? I intend to move to Surabaya or somewhere nearby, just for the record. Thanks!

Hi, Your queries have already been answered in this forum by Marcus & WM. By asking the same question things won't change. You can explore becoming an investor or find connections with influential people who can get you here legally.
    I am sure you may not be aware of what indonesia is, lifestyle, language, culture, etc. Maybe its just that you are interested in something that makes you desperate to come here. You can try to bring that thing to Brazil and that can be an option.
    Thanks you for understanding and supporting the cause of this forum by posting queries.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGmail View Post
      Hi, Your queries have already been answered in this forum by Marcus & WM. By asking the same question things won't change. You can explore becoming an investor or find connections with influential people who can get you here legally.
      I am sure you may not be aware of what indonesia is, lifestyle, language, culture, etc. Maybe its just that you are interested in something that makes you desperate to come here. You can try to bring that thing to Brazil and that can be an option.
      Thanks you for understanding and supporting the cause of this forum by posting queries.
      Yes, Marcus and WM have been helping me in my "welcoming" thread. However I thought I would draw the attention of more people (and therefore, of more ideas) by bringing this question to a more appropriate section. After all, no one knows everything and someone could/can come up with an interesting alternative for me.

Yes, there's definitely something there but I can't "get" it and "bring" anywhere else. Unfortunately there's just no "give up" option, I'll have to keep looking for a way to find myself to live there. I hope everyone else don't mind myself showing up in a couple of threads to ask some questions.

Comment

By the way , I forgot about working at home through the internet . It is not yet a legal thing to do in Indonesia , but if you don't do things for employer/clients in Indonesia , I would consider you would not be taking jobs from Indonesians and one day Indonesian government may officially allow that . Meantime there is still a risk that people need to be aware of .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ependent-KITAS (work at home through the internet , Atlantis position)

Comment

I'm going to take a look into it as well. Thanks again, Marcus.

Comment

Hi daniel, just a suggestion here. If you are a brasileiro, why don't you try to find a job in East Timor? It's Indonesia's closest neighbour, and the people speak portuguese. Well, at least they try. Perhaps you will get a better chance for work, there. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by smilingstone View Post
              Hi daniel, just a suggestion here. If you are a brasileiro, why don't you try to find a job in East Timor? It's Indonesia's closest neighbour, and the people speak portuguese. Well, at least they try. Perhaps you will get a better chance for work, there. Who knows?
              Hey smilingstone. It's not a bad idea. Actually I might really consider it. By the way, are you Brazilian too?

Comment

Working...
              X