Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss graduate is looking for a job in Jakarta

Hi everyone

My name is Marc and I'm from Switzerland. I've graduated in 2014 with a B.Sc. in Applied Psychology (Work-, Organisational and Personnel Psychology) and possess a Swiss certificate of competence in Retail Sales and Consulting. My B.A. Major during my studies was Corporate Communications and my B.A. Minor was Digital Media. I already have one year of work experience as a social adviser, completed an UX/UI Internship at a University and worked in different office positions for 4 years.
    I have an excellent command of English and German and I'm also able to communicate on French on an intermediate level.

I've visited Jakarta multiple times already and would like to make it my new permanent or temporary home. So if anyone can recommend me any companies that offer jobs/internships/trainee programs for foreign graduates (who would need a sponsor for a KITAS) I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
    Marc

LinkedIn: https://ch.linkedin.com/in/marc-armin-lang

Originally posted by MaLang86 View Post
    ... if anyone can recommend me any companies that offer jobs/internships/trainee programs for foreign graduates (who would need a sponsor for a KITAS) I would be very grateful. ...

Marc , I suggest you to change your plans , because :

- legal job for foreigners in Indonesia is only for work experts (usually min. 5 years of work experience related to the university major) ,

- in my view internship/trainee programs are illegal for foreigners , maybe except if you do it as a part of an Indonesian university program ,

- illegal work is a crime in Indonesia (up to 5 years in jail + fine of up to Rp500 million) .

http://www.expat.or.id/business/jobseekers.html

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Marc , I suggest you to change your plans , because :

- legal job for foreigners in Indonesia is only for work experts (usually min. 5 years of work experience related to the university major) ,
      http://www.expat.or.id/business/jobseekers.html
      Thanks for your reply!
      As far as I read from different sources the requirements are a) University degree b) 5-10 years of relevant work experience OR c) a certificate of competence
      So it should be be possible for me to get a work permit as long as the Job combines Sales & Applied Psychology. Can someone confirm this?

I won't change my plans tho. I got already distant relatives and very close friends in Jakarta. And so far Indonesia is my favorite place in Asia. Going to be a tough battle to find a job there. But I like a good challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by MaLang86 View Post
        ... So it should be be possible for me to get a work permit as long as the Job combines Sales & Applied Psychology ...

Be informed that , in the past , employers/agents/employees probably made false statement/document in order to get Work Permit/KITAS , so now the Law is very specific about that :

UU6 - year 2011
        Article 123
        Shall be punished with imprisonment of five (5) years and fined at most Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiah):
        a. any person who knowingly gives a letter or false or falsified data or untrue statement with the intent of obtaining Visas or Stay Permit for himself/herself or others;
        b. any foreigner who deliberately use the Visa or Stay Permit as referred to in letter a to enter and/or stay in Indonesia.

Note : Although the Law refers to Immigration Visas/Permits , it indirectly refers to the Work Permit (IMTA) too because the issuance of the Work KITAS depends on the issuance of the IMTA . Both IMTA and KITAS are tied together .

Comment

Hi Marcus

I'm well informed about the law and I don't intend to work illegally under any circumstances. My goal is to get a 100% legit KITAS/IMTA sponsored by a serious company.
          I wasn't informed about the certificate of competence OR work experience requirement from some company with shady intentions. I got it from the website Indosight (http://www.indosight.com/blog/2015-n...ons-indonesia/).

Comment

Working...
          X