Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student seeks internship in Oil And Gas industry

Hello

I am currently in my Final year at the British international school in Jakarta . My ambition is to work in the Oil and Gas industry and i will study Geology at University in the United Kingdom. I plan to take a year out to work in industry on completion of my IB at school
    I am seeking a Six Month Intern position in an Oil or Gas company operating in Indonesia to commence in July 2015 . I am 17 years old and a British Citizen and speak Fluent Bahasa

Please let me Know if you have any positions or can advise me who to contact

Warm Regards Glen

Glen - PM me

Comment

Be informed that it is illegal for a foreigner to do internship in Indonesia . The penalties for doing that are : up to 5 years in jail + up to Rp500 million fine (and as consequences of that , deportation & blacklisting) .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
        Be informed that it is illegal for a foreigner to do internship in Indonesia . The penalties for doing that are : up to 5 years in jail + up to Rp500 million fine (and as consequences of that , deportation & blacklisting) .
        Obviously all the interns I've worked with and met in this country weren't aware of that and obviously neither are their companies.

Comment

There is no way that a 17yo or 18yo Brit can work legally in Indonesia, whether being paid or not. End of story.

If a company is willing to risk a fine and imprisonment for the employee and for themselves, that's their choice. It's still illegal.

If the OP is a dual national (UK/Indo) then that is different, he could work as an Indonesian I guess.

Comment

When I was working at the green school in Bali there were about half a dozen interns there being exploited before the school was officially opened. All working on social budaya visas and paid a pittance. I still remember when they arrived on the first night, the school had allocated about 8.000 rupiah each for their evening meal, they were given a bungkus of Pece Lele (fried catfish) from the local warung in Mambal. Fresh off the plane from Canada and given that shit to eat. To say it was a wake up call for them was an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
              If the OP is a dual national (UK/Indo) then that is different, he could work as an Indonesian I guess.
              He could also work as an alien, thanks to art.61 UU 6/2011.

Comment

Working...
              X