Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVP_recruitment
    replied
    Unfortunately, we are still looking for a Primary School English teacher... if you now anyone?

Leave a comment:

• SVP_recruitment
    replied
    Hi Jmz,

Sorry, you need five years experience in Secondary Education. Possibly, you could get a position teaching at Uni, but we've been told then your degree will not match the position, so technically the answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• jmz12901
    replied
    Quick question. I've got a degree in Secondary Education but have 6 years experience teaching English in a Korean Uni, a year in an elementary school and a year at a commercial language school. Any chance of finding a job here? At a uni or otherwise? Living in Bali atm and spouse lives in Lombok. either of those two locations would be great(I know... slim chances at either, I suspect) but would be interested in working anywhere. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SVP_recruitment
    replied
    The primary positions have been filled. We are only looking for

2. Early Years Education English Teacher

3. Secondary School English Teacher x2

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    Originally posted by SVP_recruitment View Post
    LOL.

Noted, I think our HR wrote that particular line. Though, it really goes with the the second half of that dot point about being adaptable to new challenges, and thus is really aimed at expatriates new to Indonesia, as I would think most seasoned expats in Indonesia can understand that shouting and having a public tantrum when your electricity supply cuts out for 2nd time that month is not really the done thing, for instance.
    Indeed. I usually at least keep my composure until the second or third "mati lampu" of the day.

Leave a comment:

• SVP_recruitment
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
    That is an excellent salary range, to be sure. I wish you all the best in recruiting suitable candidates. Unfortunately, I do not meet all of the requirements to apply. For one thing, I do not believe I possess "a pleasant personality", although there does seem to be some amount of debate on the topic.
    LOL.

Noted, I think our HR wrote that particular line. Though, it really goes with the the second half of that dot point about being adaptable to new challenges, and thus is really aimed at expatriates new to Indonesia, as I would think most seasoned expats in Indonesia can understand that shouting and having a public tantrum when your electricity supply cuts out for 2nd time that month is not really the done thing, for instance.

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Yep Hman. They like the writing impersonal, but the teacher personable.

Leave a comment:

• Happyman
    replied
    That is an excellent salary range, to be sure. I wish you all the best in recruiting suitable candidates. Unfortunately, I do not meet all of the requirements to apply. For one thing, I do not believe I possess "a pleasant personality", although there does seem to be some amount of debate on the topic.
    Purely academic...

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SVP_recruitment
    replied
    By the way, your notice indicates salary range as:

Assuming this means dollar value (in USD) paid in IDR equivalent, it is a range of (approximately) 30-40 juta per month. Is this correct?
    Yes.

(need to add a fifth character).

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    By the way, your notice indicates salary range as:

Salary Range: $25,000-$35,000 p/a depending on experience and qualifications.
    Assuming this means dollar value (in USD) paid in IDR equivalent, it is a range of (approximately) 30-40 juta per month. Is this correct?

Leave a comment:

• gerrardtorres
    replied
    "The first rule of International School is: you do not talk about International School."

The second rule...

Leave a comment:

• macvert
    replied
    [QUOTE=Mister Bule;475078]oh, especially the Welsh. Sneaky bastards. Can't trust 'em. /QUOTE]

Ya, can't trust em', they talk English but you can't hardly understand a word the sneaky bastards are saying
    Last edited by macvert; 25-01-16, 17:51.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    Originally posted by gerrardtorres View Post
    Well said. Which leads to the conclusion that, of course, there are international school out there...regardless of name.
    "The first rule of International School is: you do not talk about International School."

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    POSITIONS VACANT

REQUIREMENTS:

[LIST][*]All expatriate teachers must be native speakers of English (generally taken to mean that they are expatriates from Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada or England)

Ah, thankfully you've left out the Irish, the Scots and the Welsh ... oh, especially the Welsh. Sneaky bastards. Can't trust 'em. And "native speakers of English"? Definitely not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X