Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Teacher for Jakarta Nanyang School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher for Jakarta Nanyang School

A trilingual school in BSD city that offers an International Curriculum and in collaboration with Nanyang Family of Schools, Singapore

Teacher needed for:
    Secondary 1 level: Cambridge
    Primary 1-6 level: iPSLE

Salary: Negotiable (depend on experience 2k-8k USD/mo and position)

School start operation in July 2012

http://www.jny.sch.id

or

call our staff at 021-50555999
    Last edited by alichandra; 18-09-14, 14:25. Reason: Change phone number

Originally posted by alichandra View Post

Salary: Negotiable
    $10,000 USD p/m plus package.

Comment

Alichandra,
      Please, read our minimum requirements concerning ads to be posted in the Expat Forum.
      http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...n-this-channel

Thanks to edit your post and ad the missing informations. Thanks to inform about the starting salary or a salary range (ex: 15 to 20 millions, negociable depending on experience, etc.)

Comment

Jakarta Nanyang School is an International school located in BSD City and in collaboration with Nanyang Family of Schools, Singapore

Teacher needed for:
        Secondary 1 level: Cambridge
        Primary 1-6 level: iPSLE
        Salary: Negotiable (depend on experience 2k-8k and position)
        2K-8K what a month / a year. In what currency are we talking rupiah, dollars etc?
        The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingchez View Post
          2K-8K what a month / a year. In what currency are we talking rupiah, dollars etc?
          I bet you that it is 200,000 IDR - 800,000 IDR per month after tax. + an allowance.

Comment

There are lots of people that might be interested, but what's the actual deal? Salary? Visas? Additional compensation (medical, housing, transportation, etc...)? Job description? Curriculum? Academic guidelines? School calendar?

Comment

I shudder whenever I hear the words Singapore or Singaporean in conjunction with schools or education.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                I shudder whenever I hear the words Singapore or Singaporean in conjunction with schools or education.
                I can understand why.
                I used to do some work at the Nanyang School in Medan. Less than stella (IMO) and far too much bowing for my liking.

They used Singapore curriculum books for ESL students who had no clue as to what most of the long winded vocabulary they were expected to remember actually meant. In fact native English teachers were stumped on a few of them.
                The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Sorry travellingchez, the only Nanyang School in Indonesia that directly collaborate with Nanyang Family of Schools, Singapore (NYK, NYPS and NYGH) is Jakarta Nanyang School
                  And we have no relation with Nanyang School in Medan or anywhere else.

I can understand why.
                  I used to do some work at the Nanyang School in Medan. Less than stella (IMO) and far too much bowing for my liking.

They used Singapore curriculum books for ESL students who had no clue as to what most of the long winded vocabulary they were expected to remember actually meant. In fact native English teachers were stumped on a few of them.
                  And here are additional information that might help:
                  Visa: covered
                  Medical: Insurance paid by JNY
                  Housing: we have housing allowance
                  Curriculum: iPSLE and Cambridge International (IGCSE and O level)
                  School Calendar: July - June

For more information, please call us or submit your job application from our website and our staff will call shortlisted candidate for interview with our principal

Comment

Sorry travellingchez, the only Nanyang School in Indonesia that directly collaborate with Nanyang Family of Schools, Singapore (NYK, NYPS and NYGH) is Jakarta Nanyang School
                    And we have no relation with Nanyang School in Medan or anywhere else.
                    Obviously just a common name then.
                    However you still haven't answered the salary question. So what currency are you quoting and is it for a month or the whole year?

Comment

Hi travellingchez, I already edited the original post, 2k-8k/mo USD
                      Obviously just a common name then.
                      However you still haven't answered the salary question. So what currency are you quoting and is it for a month or the whole year?

Comment

Where can I send my resume? Thanks.
                        Everything is just mind over matter. If you don't mind, it won't matter.

Comment

I'm not quite sure how JNY (and if it really) is affiliated to the Nanyang schools in Singapore. But in Singapore, Nanyang Kindergarten, Nanyang Primary School and Nanyang Girls' High School are schools where parents clamor to get their kids into.

Here's an article to show how ridiculous it can get - http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantag..._waitlist.html
                          I'm fully devoted to my job. 10% on Mon, 20% on Tue, 40% on Wed, 25% on Thurs and 5% on Fri.

Comment

$8K USD for what kinda position and experience ?
                            I'm fully devoted to my job. 10% on Mon, 20% on Tue, 40% on Wed, 25% on Thurs and 5% on Fri.

Comment

Hi rocel, from here: http://www.jny.sch.id/career/Create?teach=1
                              Originally posted by rocel View Post
                              Where can I send my resume? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X