Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a guide price for live-out nanny?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a guide price for live-out nanny?

Hi. We are exploring taking work in Bali possibly from middle this year. Trying to develop cost of living budget and wondered what going rate for live out nanny (or live in if that is more normal). We have two sons aged 4 and 8. Would need someone to take them and pick up from school, some light household duties based around the children. Guidance would be appreciated, Anita

Welcome to the forum!

To me it mostly sounds like you're looking for two different things. Nanny/maid, and driver. In Indonesia these are usually separate jobs. Some schools may have a bus service, so I'd check this before hiring a driver.

Rate of pay can be a sore subject around here. The rate that a local couple or mixed couple can be a lot lower than what an expat pays. I am mostly familiar with Jakarta rates, but they should be similar. In the price range I give you, the low range is mostly untrained kampung girls, with 0% English. High rate is expat couple, English speaking.

Maid/Nanny 600k-3000k IDR per month.
    Driver 1500k-3000k IDR per month.

There is usually a 1 month bonus, yearly. Healthcare is often paid, as well.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Jamie C, concerning Health Care, doesn't Indonesia have a system in place now for Health Care for it's citizens where cost would be nominal at most for a Domestic Worker?
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Jaime C. I know my eldest could use bus service for school we are looking at but not youngest. I was wondering about a driver as driving in Bali does scare me a bit. Thanks for your prompt feedback

Comment

Anita just send me a PM and i would be happy to guide you through the mine field.

But whatever you do you wouldnt want to let some maid or nanny take your child to school.

Comment

Working...
          X