Gosh.. What is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
    The problem here is not really the amount of the money but the fact that the maid looks to compromise her employer by asking for more money. if the maid is deserving of more, then no doubt the maid will be paid more depending on performance. The depth of the problem comes from nearly all maids having a mobile phone. they have their own network and swap regular data, not only about salary income but interact with other personnel such as satpams, drivers, ojeks etc and they definitely think they know they are worth than they are getting.
    EXACTLY!

They shouldnt be allowed to have phones, damn nuisance.

Next they'll be trying to set up unions or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
      Maybe she should give her maid some greenbrick as holiday bonus.
      Unfortunately i have no spare greenbricks for her
      Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
      Nope, no charity, tis a professional working relationship, after all.
      You are right. I am trying to make this pure profesional relationship.. So know "huhuhaha" later. And i do required a cv as well as reference from former employer.
      Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
      That doesn't even work in a large multinational company, what makes you think it will work with the OP?
      That's true Btw, she came this morning. I dont say anything neither does she.
      Last edited by Missnaughty; 07-11-11, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
        Btw, she came this morning. I dont say anything neither does she.
        Excellent - open communication is the key to relationships, both personal and professional.

Comment

My maid asked me for a pay raise a number of times this year. I think she makes more than me now, so much so that I need to borrow money from her just to make ends meet.
          sigpic

Comment

You should have taken the OP's option - not talked to her.

Comment

Originally posted by lone_ranger View Post
              My maid asked me for a pay raise a number of times this year. I think she makes more than me now, so much so that I need to borrow money from her just to make ends meet.
              I have to come clean about your maid. I borrowed some money from her too. Please tell her that I will defenitely pay her back. My earwigs chips business is not doing well at the moment.

Comment

You cannot pay these maids too much, it is the princible of things, it will give them ideas above their station and price ordinary LV loving folk out of the market.

Comment

yep, now they need to plunder the european shops
                  Last edited by jstar; 07-11-11, 19:14.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

Would you go up to your boss when you only works for 4 months for a pay raise, just because you found out the others get more? IMO, my helper is greedy, not loyal and therefore she isn't worth keeping for. It's like I will still bargain with tukang durian and let him keep the change. Then i will not screw the market price of durian. Because, people ability to pay the durian is "berbeda-beda" and i dont want people accused me as the fuel of durian price hike (hopefully i will put this on a new thread soon). As I am the LV lady, then of course i have to make sure that my employee is looked after. Instead of giving them overpaid salary I gave them some benefit as Pulsa allowance, Food allowance, Overtime, Tips when they helped me with things out of houseworks or big jobs at home, Health Insurance, weekend off, other fringe benefits depend on the need. So I made sure they are ok and yet when my brother's family came over and the helpers chat about salary, my brother's helper wouldnt feel too bad and feel badly underpaid.

Comment

Yep, I would go up to my boss and asked for a salary increase after 4 months if I feel I have proven my worth in 6 months. All you said above for me is irrelevant to the matter at hand. Is she worth the increase? If not, tell her what she needs to do to get it. If you don't want to increase her salary, add to her numerous allowances. Simple. Your argument about ruining the market is true, but I bet you're one of the ones who would protest of the sweat shop salaries of $1/day.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                        Yep, I would go up to my boss and asked for a salary increase after 4 months if I feel I have proven my worth in 6 months. All you said above for me is irrelevant to the matter at hand. Is she worth the increase? If not, tell her what she needs to do to get it. If you don't want to increase her salary, add to her numerous allowances. Simple. Your argument about ruining the market is true, but I bet you're one of the ones who would protest of the sweat shop salaries of $1/day.
                        No I am the ones who purchase fair trade coffee, tea, cotton and of course LV bag because it is not Made In China. Why?.. because they are expensive..

Prove yourself in 6 mos? Meaning you are in probation and this 6 mos you must get paid less then it should be. Like this, you ask for 1 juta, then the boss will pay you 800rb during probation. proving yourself? you will get the rest of your asking price. I don't, I give them what they asked for.

I have given the "allowance".
                        Last edited by Missnaughty; 08-11-11, 06:11.

Comment

Instead of giving them overpaid salary I gave them some benefit as Pulsa allowance, Food allowance, Overtime, Tips when they helped me with things out of houseworks or big jobs at home, Health Insurance, weekend off
                          Your generosity should inspire us all. Weekends off, no less! Tips when they help out on big jobs! I'm sure no other boss in Jakarta would dream of being so magnanimous. With benefits like those, it's hard to imagine why you bother with a cash salary at all. I'm sure no other maid in the compound gets a food allowance.

Comment

No I am the ones who purchase fair trade coffee, tea, cotton and of course LV bag because it is not Made In China. Why?.. because they are expensive..

Prove yourself in 6 mos? Meaning you are in probation and this 6 mos you must get paid less then it should be. Like this, you ask for 1 juta, then the boss will pay you 800rb during probation. proving yourself? you will get the rest of your asking price. I don't, I give them what they asked for.

I have given the "allowance".

You have something against Chinese made and the Chinese? They make good stuff, and you're missing out if you dismiss something because they're "made in China"...but hey to each their own.

No ma'am, I've not had a job where I was on probation, not even at McDonalds. But that's not what I was saying. I'm saying once you work for a company and you've proven yourself to be worth more than the original salary, why shouldn't you ask for more? Because if you really are worth more, you'll go find a job somewhere else.

You may give them what they asked for, and refuse to give them more when they're worth more. That means you're preying on their ignorance. If the people at the sweatshops are asking for $1.25/day and you give it to them, you'd feel proud for having given them what they asked for right? Even if their labor is really worth $10/day to you. <shrug>

Now I really know what you're like...

Comment

Would you go up to your boss when you only works for 4 months for a pay raise, just because you found out the others get more? IMO, my helper is greedy, not loyal and therefore she isn't worth keeping for. It's like I will still bargain with tukang durian and let him keep the change. Then i will not screw the market price of durian. Because, people ability to pay the durian is "berbeda-beda" and i dont want people accused me as the fuel of durian price hike (hopefully i will put this on a new thread soon). As I am the LV lady, then of course i have to make sure that my employee is looked after. Instead of giving them overpaid salary I gave them some benefit as Pulsa allowance, Food allowance, Overtime, Tips when they helped me with things out of houseworks or big jobs at home, Health Insurance, weekend off, other fringe benefits depend on the need. So I made sure they are ok and yet when my brother's family came over and the helpers chat about salary, my brother's helper wouldnt feel too bad and feel badly underpaid.
                              Indeed, you have to stand up for your rights, dont let these orang kampung ride roughshod over you. They take a mile if you take an inch, where will it end if you do. It's all about tough love.

Comment

Sorry KW, I think Puspa gets the prize for most sarcastic, today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is not three months a customary probationary period? Even if not customary, it should be enough time for both employer and employee to gage the utility of the relationship and the fair payment for value received. I would not begrudge an employee as ungrateful or greedy simply for asking for a raise after details of the relationship have come into sharper focus. No reason to get huffy, nor is an employer bound to agree to such a request; like all business relationships, its open for negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                                X