Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a Driver

    Hi Everyone,

    We are in need of a driver. On weekdays he/she will mostly be required to ferry my wife to her school (where she teaches) at 6:15 in the morning and bring her back by 4:15 in the evening. On Saturday, we might need his/her services for regular household chores (during the day). Sunday would be a day off (perhaps Saturday too in many weeks). Please let me know of some reliable drivers you might know of.

    Also, it'll be great if you can let me know the approximate total salary for the driver. I'll do some digging around in the forum in the next one or two days as well.

    Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

    Best Regards,
    Pank

  • #2
    What area are you in and which school? Drivers wages vary, but I'ld say between 1 and 2 mil would be average.

    Comment


    • #3
      Pankaj, I happened to meet this driver and seems he's an honest person . You may want to contact him directly at 021-92121848 or 0813-86995390 . His name is Sutrisno. What Von said is about the market rate and usually will have additional daily allowance of Rp 40-50k.
      Namaste.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you very much The Von and Djonitan. I need to understand one thing. Assuming I pay 1.5 mill as salary (I just took the average of 1 and 2), I would still need to pay 50k a day? that would make it almost 3M a month (2.75 assuming a 25 day work month).

        We stay in Sudirman and the school is in Jalan Kebon Jeruk. At 3M a month, my wife is better off taking a cab to and fro from school everyday. Just a thought. I am doing some digging around and will post what is the final deal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pankaj22333 View Post
          Thank you very much The Von and Djonitan. I need to understand one thing. Assuming I pay 1.5 mill as salary (I just took the average of 1 and 2), I would still need to pay 50k a day? that would make it almost 3M a month (2.75 assuming a 25 day work month).

          We stay in Sudirman and the school is in Jalan Kebon Jeruk. At 3M a month, my wife is better off taking a cab to and fro from school everyday. Just a thought. I am doing some digging around and will post what is the final deal.
          more or less, yes.

          The thing is your own car is more comfortable, convenient, on time than a cab. You can leave things in it. You know it will be clean and well maintained. and safe, the driver is going to know how and where to go each day etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pankaj22333 View Post
            Thank you very much The Von and Djonitan. I need to understand one thing. Assuming I pay 1.5 mill as salary (I just took the average of 1 and 2), I would still need to pay 50k a day? that would make it almost 3M a month (2.75 assuming a 25 day work month).

            We stay in Sudirman and the school is in Jalan Kebon Jeruk. At 3M a month, my wife is better off taking a cab to and fro from school everyday. Just a thought. I am doing some digging around and will post what is the final deal.
            You do not need to give him a daily allowance, you do need to provide him with meals and maybe a pack of smokes. 50 thousand is too much pockey money to give them everyday, unless you are forcing them to wait in areas where the food is very expensive.

            The average of 1 - 2 mill is already factoring in the daily pocket money you give him. So his actual salary could be as low as 900,000 authough you'd be hard pressed to find sombody for less than that.

            I wish you the best of luck in finding a driver.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by think_tank View Post
              You do not need to give him a daily allowance, you do need to provide him with meals and maybe a pack of smokes. 50 thousand is too much pockey money to give them everyday, unless you are forcing them to wait in areas where the food is very expensive.

              The average of 1 - 2 mill is already factoring in the daily pocket money you give him. So his actual salary could be as low as 900,000 authough you'd be hard pressed to find sombody for less than that.

              I wish you the best of luck in finding a driver.
              If you're a native Indonesian, I hope your driver will put you behind bars for giving him lower than what he deserve. The law says that the lowest wage/salary for people who are working in Jakarta is 1.118.000 rupiahs.

              If you are an expats, I hope someone will kick your ass out of this country!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by osusanto View Post
                If you're a native Indonesian, I hope your driver will put you behind bars for giving him lower than what he deserve. The law says that the lowest wage/salary for people who are working in Jakarta is 1.118.000 rupiahs.

                If you are an expats, I hope someone will kick your ass out of this country!

                yep,

                right.

                whatever.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by think_tank View Post
                  You do not need to give him a daily allowance, you do need to provide him with meals and maybe a pack of smokes. 50 thousand is too much pockey money to give them everyday, unless you are forcing them to wait in areas where the food is very expensive.

                  The average of 1 - 2 mill is already factoring in the daily pocket money you give him. So his actual salary could be as low as 900,000 authough you'd be hard pressed to find sombody for less than that.

                  I wish you the best of luck in finding a driver.
                  Originally posted by osusanto View Post
                  If you're a native Indonesian, I hope your driver will put you behind bars for giving him lower than what he deserve. The law says that the lowest wage/salary for people who are working in Jakarta is 1.118.000 rupiahs.

                  If you are an expats, I hope someone will kick your ass out of this country!
                  I guess think_thank was only illustrating the 900,000 as the basic salary and added with a flexible daily allowance (meals & maybe a pack of cigarette) will sum up to 1-2mill. So before hoping him to be put behind bars or being kicked out of this country, you might wanna read his post again?
                  [COLOR=#c0c0c0]Been away for quite a while and I'm back for more. Today I feel like having : taco de lengua & jalapeno poppers[/COLOR]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you all very much. I'll keep 1.118.000 in mind before deciding the salary. I like it in here and hope to stay long enough to be fluent (lancar) in Bahasa Indonesia.

                    How about this 1.2M base salary and 20k per day allowance every day. Comes to a shade over 1.7M every month. Am I being a cheapass?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi pankaj22333, not cheapass at all, We pay our driver 1.75mil per month and give him ciggies sometimes. For that he works 5 - 6 days a week and even comes over on Sundays sometime just to see if we need him or to wash the cars, even thou that is not what we ask him to do, specially on his days off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Von View Post
                        Hi pankaj22333, not cheapass at all, We pay our driver 1.75mil per month and give him ciggies sometimes. For that he works 5 - 6 days a week and even comes over on Sundays sometime just to see if we need him or to wash the cars, even thou that is not what we ask him to do, specially on his days off.
                        Totally agree on this! It's generous, compared with some people who give their driver/maid 900.000 rupiahs as basic salary/month. Which is violating the law.

                        If you can't pay the legal price, don't hire. I know that this is bad for some people who are looking for a job and willing to be paid less than the law said, but let's not do anything illegal.

                        Salam.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thank you very much guys. Gives me a great perspective and a figure in mind to negotiate with the drivers. The ones I am talking to are all asking upwards of 2 mill but now I know better. So this thread has given me a lot of useful information.

                          You guys are great.

                          Cheers,
                          Pank

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X