Anyone know where to find hoverboard / Segway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to find hoverboard / Segway

My kids have given me impossible Xmas gift lists.. One thing I'm looking for is a hoverboard. Does anyone have any idea where I can find in Jakarta?

Originally posted by Smiley10 View Post
    My kids have given me impossible Xmas gift lists.. One thing I'm looking for is a hoverboard. Does anyone have any idea where I can find in Jakarta?

Last month I was at Cilandak Town Square (CTOS) and I saw the 7" and 10 wheel base hover boards at the fair for sale. This is not a shop or store but was held during some type of event. If I am not mistaken, the 10" hover boards were priced around Rp. 7.500.000 each. The 7" wheelbase should be less expensive.

When I was in Guangzhou, China in September, I bought a 10" wheel based hover board for around $300.00, excluding excess weight of 13kg. My 12 year old son loves it, but he only rides the hover board at home. Learning out to ride the hoverboard will take some time. Not what you see in youtube. Ensure your son wears a helmet and gloves for safety.

When you decide to buy the hover board, ensure the hover board is equipped with a Samsung or Panasonic battery. I have been hearing on the news that the local Chinese batteries gets hot and blows-up and catch on fire.

Good luck!

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 11.47.25 AM.png

Comment

Ace hardware used to sell a kind of Segway but not cheap. Not sure if still available.

If you're comfortable with speaking a bit of Indonesian, you can easily buy one on kaskus or tokopedia:

http://m.kaskus.co.id/search?q=Hover+board+

https://www.tokopedia.com/search?st=...verboard+&sc=0

Comment

My mate has the import rights on the 9 bot which is the more advanced version of the Segway - PM me if you're serious and ill hook you up.

Comment

Thank you all for the information, it's much appreciated. Scooter, I'll PM you shortly.

Comment

Jakartanotebook had it last month, they also have Xiaomi 9bot mini. I dont know if they still have it now. Check www.jakartanotebook.com
            Regards STT.
            PS: If typo, blame it on Apple and Samsung!

Comment

Mangga Dua mall has a stall there selling these

Comment

I'm pretty sure you mean Mangga Dua Square. That's a different location. The Mangga Dua Mall is the one with the electronics, opposite of Mangga Dua ITC. I did see the hoverboards in the Square.
                [FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

I was at STC Senayan today and at the Vespa shop located on the ground floor sells the electric unicycle and 10" hover board. The cost of the 10" hover board is Rp6,900.000. Also, at Ratu Plaza on the second floor where they sell the drone and other electric toys, they also sell the 7" hover board.

Good luck!

Comment

online hoverboard shop.
                    With Cool&Fun smart balance wheel,hands free mini segway,self-balancing scooter and hoverboard, you can easily travel on it.

Comment

Whenever you purchase a hoverboard you have to do extensive research. I have found an excellent website that has reviewed every known hoverboard on the market. They also have a list of the top 5 best hoverboards for kids.
                      Best Hoverboards for Kids - Top 5 Kids Hoverboards Most hoverboards, self-balancing electric scooters, or whatever you want to call them are designed with a

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley10 View Post
                        Yes, Hoverboard is a good idea for Christmas gift for kids. Years later, maybe you have already choose the right gift. But here i also suggest one mini hoverboard for kids, the auick and easy mini hoverboard for kids learning with simple one-touch operation. All electrical, battery, and charging systems are tested and certified to UL 2272 safety standards for 2 wheel self-balancing scooters.
                        Hope this helps!
                        Mini Hoverboard Bluetooth Speaker Self Balancing Scooter for Kids with UL2272 Certified - Blue Mini Hoverboard Bluetooth Speaker Self Balancing Scooter for Kids with UL2272 Certified - Blue Overview Quick and easy mini hoverboard for kids learning with si

Comment

Working...
                        X