Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandoline slicer / julienne peeler

Hi all,

I fancy making some of these: http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/ho...chini-noodles/

But I want/need the appropriate gadget. Anyone know where I can find?

Cheers,
    Ben

Upstairs in Setiabudhi supermarket, Jl Setiabudhi in Bandung.
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Ace Hardware or any household shops.

i'm actually looking for that too
      [COLOR=black]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Pantry Magic in Kemang?
        Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Ha, two Singaporean guys were demonstrating and selling those on the Pasar Malam (Tong Tong Fair) in The Hague. Quite impressive creations. They costed €5 for two sets.

I would check out Toko Melati in Pasar Baru.
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Oh ya, Pasar Baru, J.

There's a catch, though. the shop's closed on most Sundays. exactly when I actually have time to go there. arrghh!
            [COLOR=black]
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Ben,

I have been looking for one of these for ages myself. Cannot find in Ace Hardware, but in saying that I havent been to their largest store in Kelapa Gading. I have one in Australia and they are a GREAT thing.

Believe it or not, Glodok Elektroniks have a good range of kitchen things and do COD. Good people and very convenient, however not all their products are on the website.

When I find one I will let you know.

Also, anybody know where I can buy liquid " Sugar Soap " ???

Comment

If you're talking about simple hand models, they are easy to find in ACE and Pong's and so. These two 'rasps' I bought locally:

The more advanced models are not that easy to find however.

[FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

So that are julienne peelers. Good mandolines (cutting plates/boards) are even more difficult to find.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

FOUND IT!

In ace hardware Artha Gading. It was a bit pricey though. 350k for the mandoline slicer. Most of the parts were steel (or looks like it was steel).
                    [COLOR=black]
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Mandoilnes

Originally posted by bench View Post
                      Hi all,

I fancy making some of these: http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/ho...chini-noodles/

But I want/need the appropriate gadget. Anyone know where I can find?

Cheers,
                      Ben
                      I was in Ace Hardware yesterday downstairs in Pasaraya Blok M and they have 2 or 3 different ones there around the 95,000 to 100,000 rupiah mark, however I didn't buy as mostly "limited applications."

I am looking for one that has multiple cutters and will do slicing of 3mm, 6mm and or 7mm and 2 different sized multi blades, one for fine julienne and the other for chips.

It seems like the best one around Indo might be the "Riccardo" which is a 6 blade model with a product/storage box below.

We are currently trying to buy these from Toko Bagus. Go to TB and simply type in "slicer"

I think the model is R15C or something ??

Hope this helps,

Mike

Comment

I bought one like in the OP last year in the supermarket at CITOS. Cost 300.000rp ish.
                        The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

We FINALLY have managed to find and buy the exact type of mandolins that we were looking for. Go to Leo Online Shop and look under slicers.

There is Taiwanese Konstar KS-029F FULY ADJUSTABLE from 2mm to 9mm at Rp 120,000 and a slightly larger model KS-0105H fully adjustable from 1mm to 9mm for Rp 180,000.

Both units have a good range of tools with crinkle cut, 2 julienne blades and 2 V cutters

www.leoonlineshopping.com

Mike

Comment

You can use any one of them, either mandoline slicer or julienne peeler, both are not the same usability. But, I recommended you, buy a mandoline slicer. A few days back I am the little bit confused sams as you, which device is gonna to purchased. I am got surprised, my husband gifted me a mandoline slicer in my birthday. After reviewing the device details from https://foodgear.org/best-mandoline-slicer-reviews/, this site. This site got us a correct information as well as the advantages, features of the slicer.If you buying a mandoline slicer then go through the link for reviews porpuses and then decided.

Comment

Working...
                            X