Announcement

Collapse

Expat Forum Moving Hosting

We have moved the Expat Forum to a new server in late March. You'll notice some changes due to upgrades we've made in the vBulletin software.

If you have questions, please email me at [email protected].

wm
See more
See less

MCT Oil and/or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCT Oil and/or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Any idea where I can buy this?

ps: MCT = Medium Chain Triglyceride

Hi El-G
    Maybe these can help they are both for Virgin Coconut Oil (which contain the MCT), the "Extra" bit is missing but I believe they are what you are looking for.

One is a health caspule supplement the other is cooking oil. Being Indonesia besides the known health benefits others are also claimed

http://myasiaoutlet.indonetwork.net/...oil-kapsul.htm

http://easytest.indonetwork.net/3435...ut-oil-hco.htm

Good luck.
    Last edited by pip; 06-08-13, 22:32. Reason: re-dit, previous edit garbled, fortunately El_G understood it

Comment

Thx a lot. Yes the extra isn't needed, it was my mistake.

Comment

Im coming back to bogor in December could bring you back a fine bottle if needed
        People who put Religion before Love,have got it Backwards

Comment

All the pharmacies carry (small) bottles of virgin coconut oil (don't know if it's gold or green label?). I use it to clean the skin of the cats. Quite expensive though, remember paying 60K for 100ml.
          Last edited by jstar; 09-08-13, 14:47. Reason: Used the bottle today, it is really small
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Most higher end grocery stores should carry the virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Don't hold your breath for the MCT oil, I just finished both 1 liter bottles I brought back from the states and have switched back to coconut oil again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Big Mac View Post
              Im coming back to bogor in December could bring you back a fine bottle if needed
              Thanks a lot for the offer. I have friends and family coming over from Europe in September, so if I'm really stuck I will ask them.

Originally posted by jstar View Post
              All the pharmacies carry (small) bottles of virgin coconut oil (don't know if it's gold or green label?). I use it to clean the skin of the cats. Quite expensive though, remember paying 60K for 100ml.
              I got some CO from the pharmacy 2 days ago. It is quite expensive indeed. I saw some at the market usually sold along the fresh coconut milk and shredded coconut. It looks very "artisanal" and served in recycled plastic water bottles with no label. The color is brown but not opaque, in liquid form (I guess the temp is high enough in traditional market to keep it from solidifying naturally) and it smells really strong and good. But I'm still skeptical. It's either the really good and pure unprocessed stuff (hence the color and smell) which would be perfect or it's some regular cooking oil mixed with artificial flavouring.

Originally posted by RajaBintang View Post
              Most higher end grocery stores should carry the virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Don't hold your breath for the MCT oil, I just finished both 1 liter bottles I brought back from the states and have switched back to coconut oil again.
              I was really hoping to get my hands on MCT oil somehow. But I guess 60% Medium Chain Fatty Acid content in VCO is close enough.

Comment

I have not been able to find MCT oil here in Indonesia, virgin coconut oil is the next best.
                Note that cold-pressed coconut oil will not have a smell, whereas those processed with heat will have the strong coconut smell, both are available in Indonesia.
                Cold pressed is preferred however yields less oil per volume than when using heat, so can be harder to find or more expensive. The links above seem to be ok but I have not tried.

Can get it from iherb for a bit over 30USD for 2L including shipping, which is a good price.
                Last edited by gilbert151; 23-11-13, 15:30.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.

Comment

Working...
                  X