Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A chain saw... I desesperatly need a chain saw!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davey View Post
    why anyone would need a chainsaw here, then I saw the bread machine on the same post .... a chain saw to cut bread ... Intrugued for sure.
    If you live in JKT, you have no chance to understand why one would need a chainsaw. However, if you would live where I live, a chain saw could well make sense.
    Originally posted by Davey View Post
    Interested, please reply and I will post recipe No1.
    Go ahead, mate. I am all listening.
    By the way, what is the translation of "tawar" in english ?

Comment

Hi Davey, please I am listening too. Give us the recipe now!
      By the way Tawar in english is plain or literally tasteless. But if you talking about price it's mean to bargain/haggle.
      Just checked in my Indonesian-English kamus it said Tawar : insipid. IMHO not quite right but maybe plain in english mean insipid?
      Last edited by littleiyut; 19-05-09, 22:56. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
        If you live in JKT, you have no chance to understand why one would need a chainsaw. However, if you would live where I live, a chain saw could well make sense.

Go ahead, mate. I am all listening.
        By the way, what is the translation of "tawar" in english ?
        Firstly I think I had better speak about Tawar as in my Kamus for for sure I do not wish this upon anyone.

Tawar .. insipid, tasteless, weak etc from there it goes to describe the same word with regards to poisons etc. I just sincerely hope the bread was useless and tasteless and did not fail in other intended means

However, that is exactly what I got when I used the recipes given. I'll be comletely honest and say I got ... tasteless, rubber, poison.

OK jokes finished,

1 Get your bread Machine, with paddle in place and put 250 ml lukewarm water in it

2 Put one Sendok Makan of sugar in it.

3 Put your yeast, I use Fermipan, put the whole 11g packet in first time.

(if you cannot get Fermipan just put 2 sendok teh ordinary dried yeast in)

First time just wait until it bubbles a bit ... only around 5 to 10 minutes here ... (can get on to leaving it over night later) ... this is your experiment..for sure you want to watch

4 Once the yeast water sugar mixture looks a bit "bubbly" put 500g of local flour ''Cakra Bembar" on top.

(if you must put salt as one sendok teh on top of the flour) ... if you can leave it out just for the first time do so.

Then you will find if it is excess salt that is killing your yeast etc. or your method is wrong. (I always put salt now but first time NO take things one at a time)

5 Close the lid, put it on programme 1 with 900g loaf selected and a dark crust (No3) selected

Thats it finished, walk way for 3 hrs and see what you get.

Please don't put any oil, butter or fat of whatever kind.

Just the first time. Water, sugar, yeast, flour in the quantities as above with the machine setting as above.

Finished be patient .. you can for sure move on from there, if it is OK.

In a nutshell I found that the water given in the recipes was too much for the local flour and oil was not required. Simply 500g flour and 250 ml water to start with.

Good Luck ... let me know how you go please, even my wife who doesn't like bread is eating mine.

1 to 4 plus 5 are the all you need the other comments are just for explanation purposes.

(Sorry Altlantis ... I had to delete your smilies etc to get this post uo .. apparently only 4 are allowed)

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it as soon as I am back to Indonesia.

Comment

Can't really help you with bread but I have a great Pizza base recipe If anyone wants it just let me know.

Ray

Comment

Thank you Davey, I certainly will try it as soon as I get there
              My mum likes bread as she get older and she will be very happy if she knows she can make bread like the one she ate in England for some reason she doesn't really like bread from the breadman around where she lives.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it as soon as I am back to Indonesia.
                Good luck Atlantis .. looks like I have missed the boat a bit? Telling you how to make decent bread .. when you are going back to Europe to enjoy real bread jealous for sure here!

Real French bread (not the baguettes etc sold here), a glass of Syrah or Bourdeax Rouge and a plate of "escargot" or good cheese etc ... delicious.

Making myself hungry here .... back to the kelinci it seems ?

Comment

Originally posted by littleiyut View Post
                  Thank you Davey, I certainly will try it as soon as I get there
                  My mum likes bread as she get older and she will be very happy if she knows she can make bread like the one she ate in England for some reason she doesn't really like bread from the breadman around where she lives.
                  Please let me know how you get on. I have a few other recipes but if you can't get that one right the rest will be useless or "Tawar" but you won't die but your stomach may wish it had .... only joking ... I think

Comment

Originally posted by deviray48 View Post
                    Can't really help you with bread but I have a great Pizza base recipe If anyone wants it just let me know.

Ray
                    Yes thanks, my partner would be as she regularly varies her recipe and I'm keen to be the taste tester.
                    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Hi, here is a pizza dough recipe you can make easily. Better thank ready made ones.

This is for 2 pizzas
                      *Pinch of salt
                      *1 tsp dried yeast
                      *140ml warm water
                      *180gr plain flour (strong) some flour extra for dusting
                      *1 tsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for greasing

Ok, to make the dough do as follows.
                      *Mix together the salt, yeast and water in a jug
                      *Sift the flour into a large bowl
                      *Make a well in the flour and put in the yeast mixture and olive oil
                      *Using a wooden spoon mix everything together to make a wet dough
                      * turn out the dough onto a clean well floured surface and kneed for
                      5 mins until smooth and elastic.
                      *put in a bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave for 30 mins until
                      it has doubled in size (leave in warm place)
                      *pre heat your oven to 220C or gas7
                      *put dough into a floured surface and cut in half
                      *use a rolling pin or your hands and push each piece out from the centre
                      making a disc of about 25cm
                      *place the discs on oiled baking trays.
                      *spread your sauce on and add your toppings

Happy eating,

Ray

Comment

[quote=deviray48;27046]Hi, here is a pizza dough recipe you can make easily. Better thank ready made ones.

This is for 2 pizzas
                        *Pinch of salt
                        *1 tsp dried yeast
                        *140ml warm water
                        *180gr plain flour (strong) some flour extra for dusting
                        *1 tsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for greasing

Ok, to make the dough do as follows.
                        *Mix together the salt, yeast and water in a jug
                        *Sift the flour into a large bowl
                        *Make a well in the flour and put in the yeast mixture and olive oil
                        *Using a wooden spoon mix everything together to make a wet dough
                        * turn out the dough onto a clean well floured surface and kneed for
                        5 mins until smooth and elastic.
                        *put in a bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave for 30 mins until
                        it has doubled in size (leave in warm place)
                        *pre heat your oven to 220C or gas7
                        *put dough into a floured surface and cut in half
                        *use a rolling pin or your hands and push each piece out from the centre
                        making a disc of about 25cm
                        *place the discs on oiled baking trays.
                        *spread your sauce on and add your toppings

Happy eating,

Ray quote]

Terimakasi Ray,
                        I think we will enjoy that, well I will... but pre heating and establishing a constant temperature will be a slight problem, have you ever seen those cheap tin ovens with the thin glass door and basically no seals that sit on top of a kerosene burner..
                        IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

I don't understand why it's so complicated just go with that, first clear yourself what exactly you need or I mean to say what kind of chainsaw you need it's based on your requirement

Comment

Working...
                          X