Vegemite/Marmite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegemite/Marmite

Does anybody have any ideas as to where I might ?? be able to buy Vegemite and or Marmite in Semarang. I was recently in Jakarta and went to Kemchicks, Ranch Market and hero and everywhere was out of stock.

Expect to be in Jakarta sometime again in the next 7 days or so. Is there any stock anywhere at all?

Sick and tired of chicken, goreng, goreng, goreng !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Vegemite, an acquired taste.

Comment

Originally posted by bayview249 View Post
      Does anybody have any ideas as to where I might ?? be able to buy Vegemite and or Marmite in Semarang. I was recently in Jakarta and went to Kemchicks, Ranch Market and hero and everywhere was out of stock.

Expect to be in Jakarta sometime again in the next 7 days or so. Is there any stock anywhere at all?

Sick and tired of chicken, goreng, goreng, goreng !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Mike
      Hey Mike, I have no idea if Surabaya is anywhere near you.... probably not... but I'm coming over on Saturday and I'd be happy to bring you some if I could....

[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
      Love.....Courage.....Destiny

Comment

which Kemchick did you try??

I recalled Kemchick Kemang has Marmite. even the large jar ones.

PS: you can also try to contact Kemchick Pacific Place's manager to get your needs sent to where you live. They have that personalized service for their customers who live outside the city (PM me for their contact details).
        [COLOR=black]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
          I recalled Kemchick Kemang has Marmite. even the large jar ones.
          Would those be the ones on the shelf covered with dust?

Comment

vegemite....... oh yesss....... still cant get it why so many people luv them..... acquired taste indeed
            once i took my friend to oz n she was puttin so much vegemite on her toast (thinkin its nuttela) that i just have to composed myself to let her take 1st bite of vegemite before bursting into tears LOL

Comment

Try Ranch market at Pondok Indah or kemang for Vegemite and Grand Lucky near Pacific Place for Marmite and I think they have Vegemite too - or did last time I went

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                Would those be the ones on the shelf covered with dust?
                I don't know. it's at the bottom shelf where they put all other condiments and sauce.
                [COLOR=black]
                [/COLOR]

Comment

I used to get it for my husband from Foodhall Senayan City...

Comment

I don't know. it's at the bottom shelf where they put all other condiments and sauce.
                    My comment on the general popularity of this uniquely Australian product was not intended to elicit a thoughtful response. But now at least the OP knows where on the shelf to look.

I would point out, as well, that with imported products, the fact that it is on the shelf one week is no guarantee it will be in stock the next. So if you are lucky enough to find what you want, better to buy an extra jar or two.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                      My comment on the general popularity of this uniquely Australian product was not intended to elicit a thoughtful response. But now at least the OP knows where on the shelf to look.

I would point out, as well, that with imported products, the fact that it is on the shelf one week is no guarantee it will be in stock the next. So if you are lucky enough to find what you want, better to buy an extra jar or two.
                      That was why I also gave OP an option of having Kemchick to send it to them. Some friends of mine living in Kalimantan had that type of service, and we regularly order some certain product from them and they inform us when it is available and keep them for us.
                      the only trick is to get to know the store's manager personally, at least for us.
                      [COLOR=black]
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

...the only trick is to get to know the store's manager personally, at least for us.
                        Definitely agree. Personal relationships are gold as far as getting things done -- the rule of law, contracts, not so much.

Comment

Hero in Kemang currently has some small jars.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmoosmum View Post
                            Hero in Kemang currently has some small jars.
                            In the hardware section next to the spackle, right?

Comment

Grand Lucky Superstore

They always have Vegemite without fail.

Sudirman Business District SCBD Sudirman Lot 12 Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta T: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]+62-21 515 383 Jl. Radio Dalam Raya No.9 Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta T: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]+62-21 7398368

Comment

Working...
                              X