Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Tivoli desktop sound system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivoli desktop sound system

Anyone know a store that sells Tivoli audio systems? I'm looking to get either the model two or the model 10.

Thanks.

PS: anyone know of an equivalent quality unit? I looked at several others in the past, and Tivoli has come out ahead.

Nice stuff Rabbit. Try Sinar Elektronik shop, Mangga Dua Mall.
    [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

Tivoli Authorized Agent in Indonesia ;

IMS Indonesia
      Jl. Taman Sari Raya No. 66
      Jakarta 11150
      +62-21-625-8858
      Visit Website
      Get Driving Directions

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
        anyone know of an equivalent quality unit?
        I compared the Tivoli One with the Yamaha MCR:

And went for the Bose after all:

The Two will be a good choice though...
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

Yes Bose would've been my choice too... I've been using Bose Rear Surround Speakers for over 6 years now and its still going strong...

Yamaha is good for the A/V Receiver if you're a movie enthusiast... For music Denon would be better...

Comment

Something you might consider

anyone know of an equivalent quality unit?
            I realized my brother (who's an audiophile) has an integrated micro system too. He told me it's this Cubo from Sonoro, uses it in the bedroom and is very happy with it's quality for the size. Wanted a good clock radio alternative. Many funky colors and integrated (mono) speaker.

He paid 300 euro.

And now he would get the model "elements W" instead; he never uses the CD player and the other one has WiFi so you would have internet radio.

Probably not for sale in Indonesia but you can buy it online (e.g. Amazon).
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

Bose: Haven't found a Bose I like yet, for movies or music. Bass is overdone and the treble too bright. Sounds impressive for newbies, but very fatiguing to listen to. But I have to admit, the Bose wave radio is not bad, still preferred the Tivoli after listening to them both.

Will have to check out the Yamaha MCR especially if it's sold locally.

Comment

Roy, thanks for the link. Unfortunately after repeated emails, there is still no reply. :-( well, I guess I shouldn't have expected any better. It's about par with the normal customer service in most...no, all....Indonesian companies I've had the displeasure of working with.

Comment

I saw the Models 1, 2, and 3 on display at Best electronic store in Pan Pacific Mall. I did not ask if they had any in stock, though. Looks like they're authorized dealers of the brand.
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone here into active studio monitors?

Comment

I have not used monitors in a long while. These give me the flattest frequency response anyone can ask for.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.html

Great for solo instruments and string quartets, but somewhat less stellar for large scale musical works and rock/jazz. Great detail, but hardly any soundstaging. Brutally revealing when it comes to poorly recorded music. Cold and analytical, and certainly not as fun and engaging for a lot of musical genres.
                      Last edited by lone_ranger; 19-09-11, 08:32.
                      sigpic

Comment

My friends who has home recording studios use:
                        KRK
                        JBL
                        Dynaudio
                        Behringer

For listening to music, for bang for the buck I personally go for Paradigm, Infinity, Polk and Klipsch.

Comment

For listening to music, for bang for the buck I personally go for Paradigm, Infinity, Polk and Klipsch.
                          Correct me if I am wrong, but none of those make active monitors.

From a bang-for-the-buck perspective and several others, it's hard to beat active speakers/monitors. My own minimalist set-up consists of the following:

fed directly by:

Comment

Paradigm, Infinity, Polk and Klipsch don't. I usually just use their bookshelf with a receiver to listen to music. My living quarters in the last several years haven't been that large to warrant anything bigger

Comment

Check the reviews on these babies
                              http://www.usheraudiousa.com/

Now in Europe and elsewhere they are good bit not cheap. However. If you have any plans to fly through Taiwan, make a stop and go to their main store in taipei. When I lived there they were only 30% of the inetrnational price.
                              A BARGAIN
                              [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                              There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                              Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                              [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X