Motorcycle Clothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Clothing

As a lot of motorcycle clothing is made in Indonesia I was wondering if anyone could provide some tips on where to purchase quality items locally? I'm referring to jackets, gloves, pants, boots, etc.

I have seen some other posts debating the kevlar vs leather but can't seem to find some straight forward recommendations on where to look.

Thanks
    Nothing can hurt you unless you give it the power to do so

Try Hot Pipes at Jl. Fatmawati or Block M where they sell outdoor clothing.

Comment

Decent motorcycle gear tends to beyond the read (and mentality) of 99% of indonesians try and find it in shops that sell high end motorcycles such as Harleys as the owners tend to have the money to spend on such apparel, just avoid all the live to ride naff shit with flames and skulls all over it.

Comment

There is a Harley store in Pondok Indah Mall 2.
        sigpic

Comment

I had a quality jacket made in Bali to my own design, very happy with the result.
          Off the shelf stuff, I concurr with Scooter, difficult to find quality gear.

Regarding kevlar vs Leather, probably Kevlar, having said that the last major off I had at 200 kph and the leather I had on saved me I beleive ( having said that, the extra padding on the right elbow was worn through as was most of the main elbow itself ( shame about the 4 front teeth - should have worn the full face helmet, but it was bright sunny English summer afternoon ))
          [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
          There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
          Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
          [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by kim& mika View Post
            I had a quality jacket made in Bali to my own design, very happy with the result
            Think Blue Oyster bar type leather apparel (wink)

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              Think Blue Oyster bar type leather apparel (wink)
              With The Village People playing in the background?
              sigpic

Comment

KTM , and Husqvarna has a small range in stock . , also I remember seeing some around kebon jeruk in jakarta once in the big bike accesories store that also has a lot of harley stuff

Comment

shop in Mahakam

there's a biker's shop at Jl Mahakam, they're selling high quality shoes, jackets, helmets, carriers, and stuffs

Comment

I went to a couple of the ones mentioned here and others, but still can't find the mesh type gear. I want one that's mostly mesh with protection (kevlar/carbon fiber plates) at strategic locations such as knee and elbows and some chest and back. Anyone ever see one? Currently I'm on tshirts and shorts or pants and no more than 60km/h. I just don't want to risk any parts of my body meeting the road surface at any faster than that (and I only go that speed when there's not many others near).

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                      I went to a couple of the ones mentioned here and others, but still can't find the mesh type gear. I want one that's mostly mesh with protection (kevlar/carbon fiber plates) at strategic locations such as knee and elbows and some chest and back. Anyone ever see one? Currently I'm on tshirts and shorts or pants and no more than 60km/h. I just don't want to risk any parts of my body meeting the road surface at any faster than that (and I only go that speed when there's not many others near).
                      check online for chong aik international , in singapore ...., they stock a huge range of gear and are major importers of leading brands ..., a few years ago I bought a nolan helmet ( as i wanted to install the n-com communication system in the helmets) from the givi store in denpasar for 5 juta rupiah ( helmet only) , and I also wanted to buy another helmet for the wife , but there was none in her size ..., so I got the 2nd helmet sent from singapore and the total cost was 3.2juta ( after conversion) and that including priority posting (from singapore - 2 days to bali via jakarta) I paid with westernunion and their communication and profesionalism was super , ive got no hessitation in recomending them ..., look them up on google
                      Last edited by davobali; 31-07-11, 08:39.

Comment

Heres what i use on my race spec Lambretta back in Bali, The classic Simpson Bandit pro-drag race helmet cost a few bucks in the US but worth every penny and was hand carried back to RI to save all the shipping costs and hassles, when i tell people the cost of the helmet they all wince, but like we say in the UK - got a ten pence head put a ten pence helmet on it.
                        This has been painted to match the scooter.

DSCF4056.JPG
                        Last edited by ScooterIndo; 31-07-11, 20:34. Reason: sausage finger syndrome

Comment

Nice helmet Scooter, I remember when they were first came out a friend of mine ordered one, got stopped by a keen policeman and as it was not officially available in UK did not have the safety approval sticker on it. FINED.

I take it the last project which matched this colour is finally complete. Can you post or PM a copy of the finished build.
                          Have you tested it on the track yet?
                          [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                          There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                          Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                          [/FONT]

Comment

I was bike rider last Sunday and saw a motorcycle store in STC Mall. Proriders sell high-end motorcycle accessories. Please note that I am not associated with PRORIDERS. Check out their website:

PRORIDERS
                            Motorcycle Riders Apparel Shop
                            Senayan Trade Center (STC), Ground Floor No. 30-31
                            Jl. Asia Afrika - Pintu IX Gelora Senayan
                            Jakarta Pusat 10270

Phone: +622157931965
                            Mobile: +6283899669898
                            Blackberry Pin: 25633188
                            Email / YM : [email protected]
                            Web mobile : m.proriders-shop.com

Shop operational hour:
                            MON,WED-SAT 11:30-19:30 WIB
                            SUN 10.00-16.00 WIB
                            TUESDAY is CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by kim& mika View Post
                              Nice helmet Scooter, I remember when they were first came out a friend of mine ordered one, got stopped by a keen policeman and as it was not officially available in UK did not have the safety approval sticker on it. FINED.

I take it the last project which matched this colour is finally complete. Can you post or PM a copy of the finished build.
                              Have you tested it on the track yet?
                              I will be going to see it tomorrow its now up at sentul for the track test once everything is ready, we're still waiting for a few more upgrade parts from the UK but shouldnt be too long if the set up works the way i have calculated i am looking at around 100 MPH (hopefully) so lets see, i will post up some pics as soon as i get back.

Comment

Working...
                              X