No announcement yet.

Traveling with Mifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes naive and ignorant have similar meanings. But remember pride is also a word with lots of meaning, and it is another trait we ALL have and it really keeps us from opening up to each other. Of course you know stuff, and not niave about everything, but how much do you know about animal suffering, for example? Are you willing to watch an abortion video? How about undercover secret footage of what goes on behind closed doors in some of the darkest farmhouses in the world? Or that wool sweater you own? Leather shoes? That Italian cheese you like so much? Your favourite salami? Would you say these are areas were you would use a bit of education? And are you willing to be open to receiving such education even if it means turning your entire world view and lifestyle upside down? That is the true display of humility, which is the opposite of pride. Can you sit down and watch a documentary that challenges everything you know about the world?
    • And even though you may know about stuff that affects your lifestyle, how about stuff that doesn't affect you at all. Like animal testing? Did you know every year over 100 million animals are tested on and many killed in painful brutal conditions. And this goes in advanced, democratic nations that pride themselves on rights and liberties. All the while, they make exceptions for the most defenceless creatures on the planet, which they steal from nature and use and abuse so we can have cosmetics, etc...
    • And on the internet we understand each other wrong because there is no eye contact, that is why we send each other links, for example in PM, I can send you links to videos that will give you nightmares and make you cry, and shatter your naivety and ignorance about topics that you have never even thought about.
    • I was also once ignorant about these issues until I saw my first animal cruelty video, and I cried for days. The look in the eyes of the faces of these little creatures shattered my heart into pieces and I cannot have a conversation with anyone unless I speak about it. It is that heavy on my heart and mind.
    • And this Whatsapp monopoly is exactly what I mean by the corporations having control over us. they run our lives, so if one company creates a service that everyone uses, everyone else feels like they should use it too, this is how FB got a hold of nearly 50% of the human population. People who live in shacks and alleyways have smartphones and FB, but they don't have enough to eat and can't even afford to take the bus. Doesn't that seem a bit off? What is up these companies? Could it be they are up to something? How can they dominate the lives of so many people? Without anyone really questioning them? And when they are questioned, the addiction is so severe, even when people know something is up, they continue to use these services anyways, because by then the assimilation is complete. They're hooked.
    • It is similar with eating meat, eggs and dairy. Maybe you know it is wrong to kill animals for mass profits, but since you may like the taste of cheese, for example, that becomes more important, than the lives of these animals. Did you know for example, that by not eating these kinds of food, you save the life of over 200 animals every year? Just you, one person, can do that. But who cares of these 200 animal lives? Do you?
    • And regarding my brick phone it is just a backup phone in case a local wants to talk to me in real time, I use the internet to communicate with email, I still use email, but since most Indonesians are addicted to their devices, whatsapp, I will need to communicate with email rather than by phone, unless they are willing to call me/or be called, so the brick phone is to speak to humans using our voices. Something we are moving away from. Now it is all about texts using the Whatsapp corporation, reading our messages, and the A.I learning our way of speaking. That is another area of concern. Your messages are being read by machines in order to better understand how they can create new services to control people's perception. That is what companies like FB and Google do, they search US, not that we search Google, but Google searches us. There is a documentary about A.I. I have that should watch. Most people tune out because it is too "smart" and then quickly return to their texting.
    • Despite all that I have said, remember never to worry or be anxious for anything, and never let your joy leave you, and stay positive, HOWEVER, don't fall for the little tricks that are set out there, like because everyone else is doing it, maybe I should consider doing it as well. Never get into popular behavioural biases. Look into them, instead. This is the answer to ignorance. Looking into things. Like what I did about animals. I used to eat everything once upon a time. But now, I am like a hawk with food. What changed was the little face of the animal appearing in my mind everytime I saw food in the market or on the menu.
    • And the one truth is the ONE that applies to everyone, everywhere, and everytime, past present and future, so the same truth applies to the African bushman that applies to Donald Trump, doesn't matter who you are, or what life you lived, those are all temporary, what is permanent is the spirit and that is the ONE truth that we all have the same identical spirit, and that is why we are connected, it isn't because of similar interests, etc.. it is because of these spirits that we that we barely understand because they are non physical and we are ever so physical so how can a physical being understand the non physical well they cant that is why people ignore the spirit and fall victim to the temptations of the flesh and get lost there. These temptations also include technology, it is an illusion and deception that technology brings forth progress, as we advance technologically, you will notice we will regress morally, psychologically, and ultimately, spiritually.
      • And this being FORCED to use smartphones is just the beginning of the totalitarian approach of big tech companies, they will not be satisfied with anyone who doesn't opt to use the latest version, such people will be mocked for being backward and old fashioned out of touch and traditional as if those qualities are negative. All the way more and more people get scooped up into forced subscription of services and devices that will bleed them, most noticeably, in their spirits. People don't even look at each other anymore when they speak. every few seconds they look back into their phones as that is where they are most comfortable, with their screens, real life connections become painful as it doesn't jive with the fantasy created by their social media feed. That is why liberals for example find it so hard to have a conservative friend. or a religious person and atheist cannot see eye to eye, because they both have opposing feeds, the solution is to not have a feed at all, and return to a simpler existence. But that approach isn't trendy, so it's ignored, in ignorance of it.
      • And I do my internet banking on my laptop and refuse any bank that doesn't offer a desktop platform. I am also unimpressed with any app they make pitch or promote. The more they talk about apps the less attracted I am. And I use international digital banks, there is no need to go with a local bank. I move money around between different account digitally. My bank has no physical location.
      • And this lack of ergonomics is another problem with smartphones, being so close to screens is bad for your eyes and those little keys are hard on your fingers, I wouldn't be surprised if there is serious health issues from a lifetime of smartphone use, when we are old and grey, and most of us without children to take care of us will be left abandoned by society since we are old and useless. And then we will really see what all this technology amounted to. Just a prediction.
      • And there is no doubt smartphones can be useful and convenient, but is that really the point? Are you willing to lose so much of your connection with your fellow man (the spirit, I talked about) in order to get a few services? Just look around at people's behaviour on their phones. Is it nice? Do you like entering a room and seeing everyone with their head down like digital zombies unaware of the waht's happening around them? These are also the same people who refuse to watch those revealing videos. But give them an entertaining video, and they are all for it. These are your airheads. And they are spreading with these advent of these intrusive devices.

Comment

Originally posted by atoopishai View Post
      [LIST](1) ... how much do you know about animal suffering, for example? Are you willing to watch an abortion video? How about undercover secret footage of what goes on behind closed doors in some of the darkest farmhouses in the world? Or that wool sweater you own? Leather shoes? That Italian cheese you like so much? Your favourite salami? Would you say these are areas were you would use a bit of education? ...

(2) ... how about stuff that doesn't affect you at all. Like animal testing? Did you know every year over 100 million animals are tested on and many killed in painful brutal conditions ...

(3) And this Whatsapp monopoly is exactly what I mean by the corporations having control over us. they run our lives, ...

(4) It is similar with eating meat, eggs and dairy. Maybe you know it is wrong to kill animals for mass profits, but since you may like the taste of cheese, for example, that becomes more important, than the lives of these animals ...

(5) And regarding my brick phone it is just a backup phone in case a local wants to talk to me in real time, I use the internet to communicate with email, I still use email, but since most Indonesians are addicted to their devices, whatsapp, I will need to communicate with email rather than by phone, ...

(6) Now it is all about texts using the Whatsapp ...

(6.1) Your messages are being read by machines in order to better understand how they can create new services to control people's perception. That is what companies like FB and Google do, they search US, not that we search Google, but Google searches us ...

(6.2) ... don't fall for the little tricks that are set out there, like because everyone else is doing it, maybe I should consider doing it as well ...

(7) ... , what is permanent is the spirit and that is the ONE truth that we all have the same identical spirit, and that is why we are connected, it isn't because of similar interests, etc.. it is because of these spirits that we that we barely understand because they are non physical and we are ever so physical so how can a physical being understand the non physical well they cant that is why people ignore the spirit and fall victim to the temptations of the flesh and get lost there ...

(8) And this being FORCED to use smartphones is just the beginning of the totalitarian approach of big tech companies, they will not be satisfied with anyone who doesn't opt to use the latest version, such people will be mocked for being backward and old fashioned out of touch and traditional as if those qualities are negative ...

(8.1) That is why liberals for example find it so hard to have a conservative friend. or a religious person and atheist cannot see eye to eye, because they both have opposing feeds, the solution is to not have a feed at all, ...

(9) And I do my internet banking on my laptop and refuse any bank that doesn't offer a desktop platform ... The more they talk about apps the less attracted I am ...

(9.1) And this lack of ergonomics is another problem with smartphones, being so close to screens is bad for your eyes and those little keys are hard on your fingers, I wouldn't be surprised if there is serious health issues from a lifetime of smartphone use, ...

(9.2) And there is no doubt smartphones can be useful and convenient, but is that really the point? Are you willing to lose so much of your connection with your fellow man (the spirit, I talked about) in order to get a few services?

(9.3) Just look around at people's behaviour on their phones. Is it nice? Do you like entering a room and seeing everyone with their head down like digital zombies unaware of the waht's happening around them?

(9.4) These are also the same people who refuse to watch those revealing videos. But give them an entertaining video, and they are all for it ...

(1) I know a little about everything you mentioned , although I was never used to Italian cheese or salami , but used to leather shoes .

(2) I know a little too .

(3) I don't see it the same way as you . I think people use Whatsapp because it is a free app that is very convenient and can be used to save money (although I guess most of people spend more than save as they use it for superfluous things) .

(4) I am vegetarian now more due to health concern , but in the past I ate about everything even after seeing chicken , pig , and cow kilings . Unfortunately I think this is the humans nature . I have been talking about human nature with my Indonesian friend and we agree about how imperfect we are . I personally think that , in the future not too far , the human race will have to pay for all the wrong things we have been doing .

(5) I think that , at least in Indonesia , almost nobody will communicate with you with a brick phone or through email .

(6) Not only text , but also video , photos ,calls , and video calls .

(6.1) Yes they "spy" you , but not that they harm people . To me it is just a business model to make money .

(6.2) As I said , I use Whatsapp for essencial objectives , not because I want to do what everybody is doing (although the fact that everybody is using Wharsapp is why I can fulfill my objectives) .

(7) It is not the way I would think . I think in simple ways , so to me there are many truths and many lies .

(8) Again I disagree with you . I think that around the world there were/are always things that most persons want , mainly : a lot of money , big house , cars , motorcycles , smartphones , atractive spouse , ... To me this is the human nature , not because companies are "forcing" us . Humans are "crazy" for pleasure , happiness , power , high status , ..

(8.1) What I think is that people read/hear/see different information (about a specific subject) and in general they don't check extensively enough (humans are normally lazy) to know all the different facts/information related to that subject , so this make people to have different opinions about that subject . I don't think there is a solution for that .

(9) I guess this is prejudice .

(9.1) Yes I agree that prolonged use is not good for the eyes/body posture , and there is also the eletromagnetic radiation that probably is bad for the health too .

(9.2) I use my smarthphone to increase my connection with other people (far away) , not the inverse .

(9.3) I agree .

(9.4) Human nature , in my view . People will prefer what make them happy .

---------------------------------------

You seem to have many complaints about other people's behavior , but do you know that by doing tourism you are harming the environment ?
      I did read recently that the fuel you consume in a flight trip from A to B is equivalent to the fuel you would consume driving a car from A to B . Other article said that tourism made about 8% of global greenhouse gas emissions in 2013 (today it would be around 10%) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ssions-in-2013
      Last edited by marcus; 23-12-19, 22:34.

Comment

Working...
      X