Smartfren sim card registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartfren sim card registration

I had been away for a few months, and coming back via Bali, I needed a sim card for my phone, as the old one was being used in the wifi in Makassar. So I purchased a smartfren card with data and all was well. Exactly 15 days afterward, the card stopped working. I read up on the new registration process and figured that was the problem. So I go online to Smartfren's registration page, and put in my wife's details and hit enter.The result was a message -

"Konfirmasi
    Registrasi gagal. Nomor sudah Aktif. Untuk perubahan data registrasi, kunjungi Gallery terdekat atau hub 888"

So ready to throw the card away, I thought I would give it one last try. And bugger me, it's now working! Very strange.

Originally posted by Papuqbauk View Post
    ... So I purchased a smartfren card with data and all was well...

When you purchased the card , didn't you or the seller register it ?

Comment

The guy at the counter I bought it from activated it. So I thought everything was ok. But 15 days later - no internet, no service. could not even get on to smartfren. I tried everything for 3 days, then I read that after purchase you have 15 days to register. Therefore I thought that was the problem. So I registered and got that message saying it was already registered. But then it started working, and no problems since. Weird. I was going to throw it away, as the nearest Smartfren centre is 45 minute ride away in heavy traffic, which my Benelli does not like.

Comment

Originally posted by Papuqbauk View Post
        (1) ... then I read that after purchase you have 15 days to register ...

(2) But then it started working, and no problems since. Weird ...

(1) I think this information is a misunderstanding . I saw this in the Telkomsel website , but I guess this was for the transition period and they didn't updated the webpage . Nowadays I think the card must be registered otherwise it will not work .

(2) I think the problem was not due to registration .

---------------------------------------------

From https://nasional.kompas.com/read/201...-bisa-dipidana , Nov 2017

[... The government reminds the public not to use the Population Registration Number (NIK) and Family Card Number (NKK) of other people to register for prepaid cards. People who do that can be subject to criminal sanctions. This warning was conveyed by the Director General of Post and Information Technology of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (Dirjen PPI Kemkominfo) Ahmad Ramli...]

Notes : Translation by Google Translate , NIK = KTP number , NKK = KK number

Comment

May have been just coincidence. I had another Smartfren card that was working fine. Anyway, it's had no problems since.

People who do that can be subject to criminal sanctions
          I guess they with have to form a new police service and new courts and judges to cope with all the extra prosecutions then.

Comment

Working...
          X