New Law all HP#s be registered with NIK# and KK#

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Law all HP#s be registered with NIK# and KK#

There is an new law effective Oct 31 2017 that requires that you register your HP number with NIK and KK numbers.
    For foreigners Pasport/KITAS/KTAP number.

See for more info: https://www.telkomsel.com/en/registrasi-prabayar
    What are the requirements that has to be prepared by customers to do prepaid registration?

Requirements to be prepared by customers are:

For Indonesian Citizen (WNI):
    • E-KTP (Electronics ID Card)
    • Family Card (KK)
    For Foreigners (Foreigners):
    • Passport
    • KITAP (Stay Permit Card)
    • KITAS (Temporary Stay Permit Card)
    11. How to do prepaid registration for Foreign Citizens (WNA)?

Foreign Citizens may do prepaid registration by coming to telco operator outlets or its partners and bringing identification card in the form of passport/Temporary Stay Permit Card (KITAS)/Permanent Stay Permit Card (KITAP).

The outlet staff will then record name, passport/Temporary Stay Permit Card (KITAS)/Permanent Stay Permit Card (KITAP) number, citizenship, as well as Date & Place of Birth.

20. Is there any consequences if not doing the registration?

Yes there will be consequences to customer that has not register their number as follow:
    • For new customer, the SIM Card will not be activated
    • For existing customer, services will be blocked gradually as follow:
      1. Outgoing Call and Short Message Service (SMS) blockage, if not registered within 30 calendar days since the date of announcement.
      2. Incoming Call and Short Message Service (SMS), if not registered within 15 calendar days after the blockages of point (1)
      3. Internet services blockage, if not registered within 15 calendar days after the blockages of point (2).

I donít reside in Indonesia but my wife and I go back there to visit fairly frequently. I used to have an Indonesian SIM card but it has expired. I was just in Indo and heard about this when I tried to get a new one.

Is it possible to register without a KITAS/KITAP or does this measure bar visitors from getting a local number?

Comment

You can use your passport number, but you cannot register online, must go to the Sim provider store to register.

Comment

unfortunately for a foreigner it is every 6 months re-register hmm

Comment

Originally posted by lostinbias View Post
          ... Is it possible to register without a KITAS/KITAP or does this measure bar visitors from getting a local number?

I agree with MinangMan .

I guess there is no problem if you register online with your Indonesian relative's KTP/KK numbers (if the case) . I also guess that sometimes the seller himself/herself registers with his/her documents' numbers and give the card ready to be used .

from http://tekno.liputan6.com/read/31487...mana-nasib-wna , 02 Nov 2017

[... Director General of Pos dan Informatika Kemkominfo , Ahmad M Ramli explained, foreigners must also re-register their Indonesian cellular number.

"Yes they can still (re-register). Foreigners who want to register prepaid SIM card can visit the carrier's customer service desk with a passport or KITAS or KITAP" ...]

Comment

Working...
          X