No announcement yet.

Buying a laptop in Jakarta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this store Ambassador Kom @ Mall Ambassador (2nd floor on the left wing), they have a good price among others. Don't be affraid of getting overpriced cos you can check their formal price @ Here. So, when you have choose your model from their site and noted the price, just go their store and ask for it. it's easy huh...
    Last edited by fibercoaxial; 29-06-10, 18:08. Reason: store direction

Comment

My advice is to check out the web sites given and compare to your local prices. My experience has been I could buy cheaper in the states. In addition, many of the products sold in Indonesia are not the current models, therefore, you pay the latest prices for a computer that has been on the market for a few years.

I bought an Acer at Manngu Duo at a good price, but then, when I wanted to upgrade the memory and looked on the Acer web site to find what it would take, the model i bought wasn't even listed. Never did figure out the why of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimdub View Post
        My advice is to check out the web sites given and compare to your local prices. My experience has been I could buy cheaper in the states. In addition, many of the products sold in Indonesia are not the current models, therefore, you pay the latest prices for a computer that has been on the market for a few years.

I bought an Acer at Manngu Duo at a good price, but then, when I wanted to upgrade the memory and looked on the Acer web site to find what it would take, the model i bought wasn't even listed. Never did figure out the why of that.
        Not all types came late to Indonesia, but for the price is relative. tax costs, distribution and others would influence the price difference.
        Back to the needs of each, the type of notebook that produced 2 years ago also has fulfilled the requirements written above. For the brand, Asus, Sony, and Acer already have a wide and reliable service centers here in jakarta . So, choose your specs ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kimdub View Post
          ...I bought an Acer at Manngu Duo at a good price, but then, when I wanted to upgrade the memory and looked on the Acer web site to find what it would take, the model i bought wasn't even listed. Never did figure out the why of that.
          I think that if you didn't find here : http://www.acer.co.id/acer/product.d...CRC=2759084358 , you may find the specification searching the internet , and knowing if it is upgradable , you may do it at any service shop , besides the Acer service center .

Comment

The best Indonesian computer shop's website I found so far is http://www.mdua.com/view.php/prod/Notebook

Comment

Online computer store in Bali : www.bali-computer.com

Comment

If you want, I have a second-hand laptop up for sale; not the most recent model, but well cared for and only used in an office. It's a Byon though so not like, a big top-a brand. More details through PM
                sigpic
                bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

It's www.jakartanotebook.com Cheapest and complete ever in Jakarta .. me and my IT friends usualy know this place..
                  Try to visit it and make comparison ..
                  Blessed to be Blessed ..

Comment

You can go to Ambassador Mall, and check the price on the net VERSACOM.Biz. They sell Notebook, Netbook, LCD Projector and Apple iPad.
                    Last edited by WirelessGuy; 27-07-13, 15:06.
                    Digital Campaign Indonesia

Comment

Conclusion is : It's easy to find notebooks in jakarta, in any brand or condition. Back to your budget and needs...
                      All of clues and infos above is helpful alot. Happy hunting...

Comment

If you're planning on buying branded notebooks, I would suggest coming straight to one of its authorized/official dealer for purchase. Not only would they give you the notebook you want at the official market price, but you'll also be getting the exact package as it is promised. If you're not going to buy it from an authorized dealer, at least try to find a store which has lots of regular customers. Satisfied customers returns, dissatisfied ones doesn't. Check also for signs of defects or alterations, different/replaced drive type/speed, dents, broken seals, bad sectors, tampered license, bad(dead) pixels, etc
                        "Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." - Albert Einstein

Comment

hoping I could buy a laptop today with other free gifts at Ratu Plaza..
                          hehe

Comment

bought laptop in denpasar last year,probably cost more than same model in OZ.coz of specials on sale etc..but now they saying computer prices going up because of rupiah value but my dollar gets me more rupes now...also they loaded it up with a ton of programs that i wasn't expecting

Comment

if you bring electronics through airport at least dont bring the box it came in so it looks like used personal stuff,most phones nowdays cost more than $250

Comment

Bali Computer Online
                                Printer, laptop, Computer etc

www.gistechbali.com

Comment

Working...
                                X