Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for Printer

Dear Forum Members,

Currently, I have an Epson L200, refillable ink dispenser and it is time to throw the printer out the window. The Epson refillable inks are inexpensive, but I always have problems printing. Periodically, I need to maintain the printer: nozzle cleaning, printer alignment, etc. To make matters worst, my ink is topped-off with ink and the printer prints terrible.

I appreciate if someone have experience and can recommend a good and reliable printer for home/business. Preferably All-in one or multi-function: prints up to A4 size paper, scan, copy and print, wi-fi and prints picture quality prints. My budget for the printer is Rp.3.000.000.

I was thinking about HP Laser printer, but the toners are expensive.

Thank you in advance.

I love the Canon printers, reliable, and good clear printing- downside the cartridges are 200,000+ each & it takes 2 of them... I am looking for ideas for a decent quality, cheap,refillable-ink printer
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

We have a Canon printer/scanner, and have the ink refilled for 30-35k per cartridge. Every few refills we buy a new cartridge. I don't bother with the color one most of the time.
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

ooh, tell me where pls
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by JavaSatu View Post
          Dear Forum Members,

Currently, I have an Epson L200, refillable ink dispenser and it is time to throw the printer out the window. The Epson refillable inks are inexpensive, but I always have problems printing. Periodically, I need to maintain the printer: nozzle cleaning, printer alignment, etc. To make matters worst, my ink is topped-off with ink and the printer prints terrible.

I appreciate if someone have experience and can recommend a good and reliable printer for home/business. Preferably All-in one or multi-function: prints up to A4 size paper, scan, copy and print, wi-fi and prints picture quality prints. My budget for the printer is Rp.3.000.000.

I was thinking about HP Laser printer, but the toners are expensive.

Thank you in advance.
          This is the ongoing dilemma for many people laser or ink printer. You already mentioned the prons and cons for INK printer and the laser one. I can only add: how much do you print per month? Is it 20 pages or 1000 pages, photos or mainly word documents?

My friend just switched to laser printer and is very happy because he doesn't have to do all that "ink maintenance".

I would personally choose laser printer only to print out in black. Toner is just a black powder and there are some cheap non-original toner's available on the market. There are even some people who regenerate the empty Laser Cartridges. I can see on Lazada some cheap one for 160 000-190 000 rp. it is tonner with cartridge. And the tonner (powder) cost about 50 000 rp. for 140 gr.

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
            ooh, tell me where pls
            There is one going the back way into my complex. I'll give you more details when I'm back next week. I'm in Borneo this week.

Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post
            This is the ongoing dilemma for many people laser or ink printer. You already mentioned the prons and cons for INK printer and the laser one. I can only add: how much do you print per month? Is it 20 pages or 1000 pages, photos or mainly word documents?

My friend just switched to laser printer and is very happy because he doesn't have to do all that "ink maintenance".

I would personally choose laser printer only to print out in black. Toner is just a black powder and there are some cheap non-original toner's available on the market. There are even some people who regenerate the empty Laser Cartridges. I can see on Lazada some cheap one for 160 000-190 000 rp. it is tonner with cartridge. And the tonner (powder) cost about 50 000 rp. for 140 gr.
            Some of the remanufactured cartridges are very bad quality. I used to refill my own laser cartridges in the US. I printed 100k+ pages a year. It can be quite messy, and I'd certainly not breath the stuff in.
            Last edited by Jaime C; 05-08-15, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              There is one going the back way into my complex. I'll give you more details when I'm back next week. I'm in Borneo this week.

Some of the remanufactured cartridges are very bad quality. I used to refill my own laser cartridges in the US. I printed 100k+ pages a year. It can be quite messy, and I'd certainly not breath the stuff in.
              I only wanted to show this option (prices) to the OP. It is up to him if he is willing to do it all by himself (with all the health & safety involved in) or want to outsource it to some refilling / regenerating cartridge company. If he wants cheap refills he has to do it by himself. Ink or toner both are messy and more or less toxic to the body.

I would personally go with (black only) laser printer and get my cartridge refilled by some company. Once you start the printer is ready to go. If it is for office always have second cartridge ready to go. This is just my opinion and suggestion.

Comment

Thanks all for those whom replied.

FYI. I was at Gandaria Mall this afternoon and I went to Paper Clip stationary store. Apparently, Paper Clip have ink cartridge refills for HP printers. The ink refill service is behind the cashier counter. The price is +/-Rp60.000 for black refill ink. This is around 40-50% price difference of the new HP ink cartridge. Unfortunately, the ink refill machine was not working today due to parts not in yet.

Paper Clip is located in basement level/underground, near the shoe repair and money changer.

Comment

I'm very happy with my Epson ME Office 960FWD. Cannon and HP printers have disappointed me too many times in the past.
                  Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaSatu View Post
                    Thanks all for those whom replied.

FYI. I was at Gandaria Mall this afternoon and I went to Paper Clip stationary store. Apparently, Paper Clip have ink cartridge refills for HP printers. The ink refill service is behind the cashier counter. The price is +/-Rp60.000 for black refill ink. This is around 40-50% price difference of the new HP ink cartridge. Unfortunately, the ink refill machine was not working today due to parts not in yet.

Paper Clip is located in basement level/underground, near the shoe repair and money changer.
                    We pay about 35k for our B/W Canon refill.

Comment

Prefer Canon Pixma iP2870S InkJet Printer. It is best product i had ever seen and it also in your budget

Comment

thanks for this valuable information. 3d printing service mumbai, pune, delhi ncr india

Comment

Working...
                        X