This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Internet Service Providers in Indonesia

This is the list of Indonesian Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that were mentioned or used by members of this forum.

FibreOptics

Cable Intenet

ADSL

Satellite

WISP (WiMax/Long range Wi-Fi/etc.)

GSM/UMTS Network (GPRS/EDGE/3G/HSPA)

CDMA Network (EV-DO Rev. A/Rev. B)

LTE

"Which ISP?" is one of the most asked questions on this sub-forum, so I'll try to keep this list up-to-date so it can be easily referenced in replies. Feel free to add any missing ISPs in replies bellow, so far I just listed the major players that are relatively well known and have reasonable prices. I'm aware that there are plenty of "dedicated" bandwidth ISPs out there selling 64kbps links for millions per month, but they are not the focus of this list.
    Last edited by El_Goretto; 28-08-15, 21:43. Reason: Added Innovate to FiberOptics
    Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Good on you

Comment

This should probably be stickied and updated regularly

Comment

Yeah, great listing Sergei.

Question: Often the (physical) cable provider is a bit of a black box. Don't know about RI, but in Europe or the US, the ADSL (phone) and Cable (coax) solutions are based on a fiber optics backbone. Or at least they get upgraded from copper as we speak. So don't know if FibreOptics should be a separate group (I doubt they will enter your house with dark fiber).
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Tokek View Post
          Already being considered.

Comment

I added MetroNET to FibreOptics group because this is what you get as last mile. Most Cable, DSL and Cell/Wireless ISPs use fiber for backhaul these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokek View Post
              Originally posted by john madden View Post
              Already being considered.
              Stickied.

Thanks to you Sergei to tirelessly share your knowledge of those stuff.

Comment

I used FastNet[COLOR=#333333] by [/COLOR]FirstMedia with 1,5 Mbps speed. Upload & download speed is quite good. The price is about 265.000 in rupiah ( included tax)

Comment

Biznet operates a large network of hotspots throughout Jakarta. They are free, it just takes a registration with an Indonesian phone number and the username + password come by SMS.

here are the locations: http://www.biznetnetworks.com/En/?menu=hotspot

If you live in the area of one of these hotspots, chances are good to be able to access it with some good wifi equipment, e.g. Repeater with external antenna placed outside.

Comment

I was thinking that I would have had to search high and low in this forum to make a list of ISPs. I log in, click on the forum and behold, a list has already been made. Thanks, sergei!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoflex View Post
                      I was thinking that I would have had to search high and low in this forum to make a list of ISPs. I log in, click on the forum and behold, a list has already been made. Thanks, sergei!
                      You're welcome! Your post actually prompted me to update the list. I've added BOLT! (LTE) and Innovate (FiberOptics).

Comment

Ya thanks for the list Sergei... we're on the hunt cuz Speedy ...........well, just isn't. not too much choice out here in the sticks though.

Comment

Ofcourse , It is very useful news for users.

Comment

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Hi Everyone,[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I'm looking for Indonesian and Thailand people staying in Indonesia or Thailand. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I need help from you guys. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I need you guys to help me test something. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Currently doing a survey for a games connectivity. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Please follow the steps. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            https://m3p.goplayplay.com/PortTester/
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]1. go to this page [/FONT][/COLOR]https://m3p.goplayplay.com/PortTester/[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana] and press the 開始 button and wait for the 6 number to appear. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]2. example, 127, facebook: 119, 290, 301, 390, 487[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]3. which state you are in: (Example: Bangkok)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]4. Which telco you using: (Example: Dtac)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Thanks.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Appreciate your help a lot.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Hi,

I'm gonna be living in a place with speedy and CBN, and noted cbn wasnt listed.
                              http://www.cbn.net.id/?ref=mc&kode=1..._id=4&sd_id=94

Anyone can comment on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X