Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching english, german, music as a foreigner

Hey guys,
    This summer I was travelling to Indonesia and fell in love with that country.
    Now I am thinking about going back for staying a few months or even longer, who knows.
    Do you have any information what I need to have to become a german teacher (i am a native german speaker), english teacher or a music teacher there?
    I have a Bachelor and Master of Music, studied at the University of Music in Wuerzburg, Germany.
    Is it only possible to do voluntary work as foreigner in Indonesia? Or are there some other possibilities? What certificates do I need?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Greetings,
    Carla

Originally posted by carlacarlita View Post
    (1) Do you have any information what I need to have to become a german teacher (i am a native german speaker), english teacher or a music teacher there?
    I have a Bachelor and Master of Music, ...

(2) Is it only possible to do voluntary work as foreigner in Indonesia? Or are there some other possibilities? What certificates do I need?

(1) For only few months , maybe you could work with a Temporary Work Permit , but :

- you need to find an eligible employer (a company/school that are allowed to hire foreign worker) ,
    - the employer must get you the Temporary Work Permit + Work Visa/Stay Permit and pay USD100 per month in government fee

So , considering the cost/bureaucracy involved , it is a little improbable that you can find an eligible employer with a job that will fit your skills and the time you want to come to Indonesia .

Be informed that you cannot do freelancer work , or be hired by an individual . To work there is only the Work Visa , working with any other visa is a crime in Indonesia (up to 5 years in jail) .

For working more than 6 months you can only work in something related to Music and need to have 5 years work experience .

(2) The voluntary/non-paid work is the only other option , but as hard to do as the first one above . Or the employer gets you the Temporary Work Permit + Work Visa or you will need a special authorization from Jakarta's Immigration Directorate to do that with another type of Visa .

Comment

Working...
    X