This would be illegal, right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would be illegal, right?

Recently my friend who has only an undergrad degree in a subject which isn't part of the school's curriculum, is an American, say, citizen, and has an Indonesian wife was made the following job offer from an "international" school, i.e. SPK: "your wife will sponsor you, and you will act as a teacher manager as well as teaching some English and science classes". That would not be legal, correct?

I don't know the Indonesian Education Law/Regulations , lets suppose the best hypothesis that the 5 years experience (required for the Work Permit) is exempted , would your friend still comply with the necessary credentials to teach English and Science ?

Comment

I'm no legal expert in Indonesia, but having seen schools do all manner of shady things to circumvent the ridiculous international teacher requirements, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is illegal.

Also, I love the title of this thread

Comment

Originally posted by tomasturtle View Post
        Recently my friend who has only an undergrad degree in a subject which isn't part of the school's curriculum, is an American, say, citizen, and has an Indonesian wife was made the following job offer from an "international" school, i.e. SPK: "your wife will sponsor you, and you will act as a teacher manager as well as teaching some English and science classes". That would not be legal, correct?
        As I can that Illegal....

Comment

Working...
        X