No announcement yet.

Bina Bangsa School 2014/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your answers. However, I would like to have an idea on what to say if ever I'm asked about my expected salary.

Comment

Originally posted by trapkmeg16 View Post
      Thank you very much for your answers. However, I would like to have an idea on what to say if ever I'm asked about my expected salary.
      The questions you posed before were: 1) What is the starting salary for a Filipino teacher in Bina Bangsa? and 2) why are Western teachers being paid differently compared to Asian teachers?

Keep in mind that you posted this on a thread which has been dormant - no new posts - for several months now, and some of those who posted here before might not be hanging around this forum at present.

Unfortunately for you, it looks like that includes the ones who have particular, specific knowledge about Bina Bangsa (though they may very well show up again). The ones of us who have responded to your post, on the other foot, (apparently) do not. So we can't answer your first question, because we don't have any idea. Same goes for what you should say if the school asks you what you expect in terms of salary.

The best and only advice I can give would be, give a number higher than the lowest amount you would actually think of accepting (maybe higher by at least 25-40%). Then if they say yes, you can accept it, if they say no, you can bargain in between or refuse the offer.

But in terms of what that school typically pays or offers, I wouldn't have a clue, so can't give you an answer.

Maybe try to get in touch with other Filipino teachers working in Jakarta or elsewhere in Indonesia - or teachers in the Philippines who have worked in Indonesian schools - and ask them for a typical number for salary they would ask for or accept from similar schools.

Sorry, but you can't expect someone to magically pull an answer / number out of a hat for you. If someone shows up to read the thread who actually knows and can answer it, maybe they will.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Kitas

Originally posted by Blackbean88 View Post
        Hey everybody,

To all you prospective teachers out there currently running through the job fairs, just wanted to post that I'm a teacher at Bina Bangsa School in Kebon Jeruk. I was on this website, ISR and any others that I could find this time last year when trying to vet BBS but did not find too much or at least as much as I was hoping to find. That being said, if you have any questions or need any clarifications as to what BBS offers, post a reply or PM me and I'd be glad to answer any questions before you commit.

Good luck!

May I ask when you got your KITAS? Did they process it before you got there? How long did it take? If I may ask, what is the offered salary? You can give even just a range so I have an idea. I was offered recently and not too pleased with the amount. Thank you for any information.

Comment

Hi im ian from Singapore,i be moving to jakarta in november and im looking out for a job.Im teaching swimming lessons to kids and adults.I love teaching is a passion for me.If you guys do have any job vacancies available pls do let me know.English teacher or a sports teacher will be good.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_hanapi View Post
            Hi im ian from Singapore,i be moving to jakarta in november and im looking out for a job.Im teaching swimming lessons to kids and adults.I love teaching is a passion for me.If you guys do have any job vacancies available pls do let me know.English teacher or a sports teacher will be good.Thanks
            I'd avoid English teaching if I were you... you don't seem to have a high enough standard of English, & just out of curiosity what qualifications do you have for teaching sports, other than helping people to learn to swim?
            Cicak Magnet

Comment

Hi
              I would like to know more about the preschool section. Do the homeroom teachers teach all subjects through a integrated approach? I hope someone can answer me. It is important.

Comment

Working...
              X