Salary for teachers in Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary for teachers in Indonesia

I am wondering if anyone knows the going pay for teachers here in Indonesia? Can anyone give me a general idea what the hourly pay would be for a foreign teacher(English speaking) teaching in a national Indonesian school (Junior/senior hight school)?

I can tell you that English First language schools pay 8,000,000 RP per month ($720) with some kind of health insurance and a return plane ticket home. Thats all I know about teacher salary here.
    The comments made by this user are merely random thoughts without any validity or truth.

Comment

it depends on the schools, i dont really know the actual salary but probably 5,000,000 RP above, try to apply in international schools.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for your responses and helpful hints.

Comment

Freddy boy,

Rp 8,000,000/month in Indonesia is still to be consider as a high salary. Somebody (Indonesian) start a new job in Indo probably only get paid around Rp 2-4 million/month for starter. However, I agree with you, for expat it probably a poor salary as you get used to those and $$$ as well as due to the higher living cost. If you prepared to live in kampung or in a kost rather than an apartment than it probably will be enough.
          [FONT=Impact][FONT=Impact]Bunga dari Jawa[/FONT] [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by indotom View Post
            I can tell you that English First language schools pay 8,000,000 RP per month ($720) with some kind of health insurance and a return plane ticket home. Thats all I know about teacher salary here.
            Is that all?? I knew a guy who was being offered a salary of 15,000,000 by the british institute as an english teacher.. and that was 3 years ago! At the time he was teaching for EF (english first) and his salary was around 8-10 mil. Surely the salary standard has gone up by now!
            Mangan ora mangan pokoke ngumpul

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleslteacher1
              My advice is to look for a national plus school which usually pay 15-20 million plus plus plus... International schools pay alot more but you usually need a teacher qualification to teach there...
              Hi Pauleslteacher,

Regarding that 15-20 million salary in a national plus school. Who is it valid for? Is it only valid for a native English speaker teaching English there? I'm an Indonesian, at the moment doing my degree in Education Studies and will later on do a PGCE to get my teaching qualification. Honestly, I didn't have a plan to teach in Indo due to the salary, from what I know teacher's salary are not that high. But 15-20 million sounds good enough for me

Comment

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure yet what I'd like to teach in the future, I didn't plan to teach English. I like little children so probably will teach in early years or primary school. If they have Bahasa Indonesia curriculum in England sure I'd be interested in that.

About your company, English Solutions,is it going to be an English School like EF and ILP? If I need an experience after graduation then I'll have to contact you for a job lol.

Comment

Mmmh, I didn't realised that some of the schools are taking advantage of the teachers. Your plan sounds great Paul, will you open a branch in Surabaya as well? Just curious, maybe I can recommend my cousins to go to your school instead of the others .

Comment

"Personally...I've recently opened an English services company called English Solutions and will be hiring native and local teachers along with people of other backgrounds in the near future... "

Hi Paul,
                    If you need native english teacher, could my husband apply as he was english teacher at some english course and now he free lance and teach in private.

Comment

Thanks Endahk.... We do have a long term plan to open offices in Surabaya, Semarang, Bandung, Medan and other cities...

To the Pink Panther.. Ask your husband to email me his CV and a cover letter to [email protected]... Our website is almost finished and you will be able to get more information about English Solutions from that...I will send you the address later..

Have a nice weekend...

Paul

Comment

Hi Endahk...

I have been in Indonesia for over 10 years teaching English... I started wrorking for EF in Medan and taught with them for 4 years... I know many teachers that have been taken advantage of and treated badly by many schools that only care about making money.....

So I decided to open an English services company with a progressive thinking Indonesian partner and we are going to have a very successful company that cares about it's teachers (both Western and Indonesian) and students and focuses not so much on the profit but on the result... Also a fun place to work that cares!

Its nice planning. I like if there are many expat who have social sense when they live in Indonesia. Coz like or dont like, indonesia will be their work country and they must hv nice goal for this country although its js in small think..

Surabaya? Great, it would be nice. I m agree Endang coz i stay there.

I m waiting your planning in Surabaya, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by PNicoll View Post
                          Is that all?? .........Surely the salary standard has gone up by now!
                          dont be usign that surely word

Comment

International schools pay alot more but you usually need a teacher qualification to teach there...
                            pesky innit?

Comment

how about local teacher salary in international school? anyone knows?

thx before

Comment

Working...
                              X