Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawmaking Reference

Hello,

I was looking for a website that provides details, background, documents, drafts of upcoming Indonesian laws that will be voted upon. There is http://www.dpr.go.id but I only found nothing useful.

Can you tell us why are you interested in draft of all proposed laws ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Can you tell us why are you interested in draft of all proposed laws ?
      Sure. There is an app in Germany regarding lawmaking See democracy-app.de
      I was wondering if the data is available in Indonesia.
      Citizens get to vote on proposals in advance of parliament. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by caescillia View Post
        ... Citizens get to vote on proposals in advance of parliament. What do you think?

Well , to me every law/regulation should be voted by the citizens (no need of parliament/politicians) . But unfortunately this probably will not happen anywhere in the next 50 years .
        Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

Well , to me every law/regulation should be voted by the citizens (no need of parliament/politicians) . But unfortunetelly this probably will not happen anywhere in the next 50 years .
          I think the German site is a good way for politicians to measure the "temperature", event if they ignore it. It is said of the German site, that politicians and citizen voting is almost always in opposition! The German site attracts those interested in politics - not a great percentage I suppose, but still a good indicator.

The trouble with generalized so called democratic electronic voting on new laws is that it would lead to an Idiocracy - have you seen the film? Voting based on unconsidered unstudied opinions and emotions would not be good. Present politicians are at least supposed to deliberate.

Second, is the vote of a raw army recruit the equal of a retired General? Is the vote of a teenage student the equal of the chancellor of a university? Is the vote of a tramp the equal of a business owner? Is the vote of an fresh immigrant the equal of a multi-generational native? Is the vote of a general 16 year old the equal of a general 40 year old?

Some past civilizations exercised some sort of merit/reputation requirement in the process. (For the easily triggered ... No I'm not talking discrimination based on stupid factors such as race/gender).

So there is no publishing of upcoming laws in Indonesia as far as you know?

Comment

Originally posted by caescillia View Post
            Hello,

I was looking for a website that provides details, background, documents, drafts of upcoming Indonesian laws that will be voted upon. There is http://www.dpr.go.id but I only found nothing useful.
            You may check this link: 
            Website Resmi Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat Republik Indonesia

Comment

Working...
            X