Rainbow flags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow flags

So national day is almost upon us and flags have started appearing on the side of the road everywhere here in Jakarta. I've been wondering though: Apart from the standard red and white, you also see many pink, yellow, and blue combinations. (I even saw red-white-blue with an orange "Indonesia" spelled in the white, which made me cringe a bit as a Dutchman..) Does anyone have a clue if these other colours signify something? Or is it just happy decorative colours?

Cheers,
    Alex

Hi alex and welcome to the forum.
    I think you are just seeing colourful flags but your title 'Rainbow Flags' with actual rainbow colours.....significantly denotes homosexual pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
      Hi alex and welcome to the forum.
      I think you are just seeing colourful flags but your title 'Rainbow Flags' with actual rainbow colours.....significantly denotes homosexual pride.
      It should be high time to get a Pride parade going in Jakarta. Most other big cities in the world have already had their own.
      In most countries, the political parties are tripping over each other to be represented in these parades. I'd love to see how the political parties react in Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
      X