Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    Buck up mate; at least you are not an American facing the prospect of a Trump presidency.
    ya your right! ha ha

Comment

Markets are up in Europe and now in the USA. All is forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        Markets are up in Europe and now in the USA. All is forgiven.
        For Now

Comment

"brexit" is expected to help traffic jam

https://youtu.be/FPbX-wAZdks

Comment

This video perfectly sums up the situation in the UK and why the majority of British people voted to leave. An excellent commentary on social problems and the widening of the wealth and opportunity gap. A little long but instantly engaging.

Comment

Comment

Friday the US stock markets returned to the levels before Brexit and then some. Happy to be among the rats leaving a sinking ship.

Comment

The petition to amend the Brexit result by 4.1 million petitioners has been rejected by the government.

Comment

If the will of the people is what is important, then they should really take another vote. I keep hearing that a significant amount of leavers have decided they wish they had voted stay... It's important to follow the will of the majority... at any particular moment, right?

Comment

• Jeopardy, it would seem, has attached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happyman View Post
                        If the will of the people is what is important, then they should really take another vote. I keep hearing that a significant amount of leavers have decided they wish they had voted stay... It's important to follow the will of the majority... at any particular moment, right?
                        Unlike Australia UK doesn't mandate voting during an election nor referendum so the will is only from the majority of those that vote. Making it mandatory might have seen a different result.
                        As it is the Cameron Gov't is voting a new leader as Prime Minister and I believe the leading challenger was in the remain camp. New leadership is also being contended in the opposition Labour Party.
                        Cameron is already attempting to split the Labour Party by introducing a vote on the future of nuclear policy next week.

There is no leadership left from those that proposed leaving EU so no wonder those that went along with that contention are confused...and maybe changing their mind.

At some point I predict the Queen will intervene and advise her Gov't to get their act together for the people......and not for the pettiness and confusion that currently prevails.
                        I recall she did something similar in 1974 when there was disarray about which party should govern.

Comment

• Now I know why America is so screwed up; it's in our genes.
                          Last edited by waarmstrong; 11-07-16, 23:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                            Know I know why America is so screwed up; its in our genes.
                            hehehe...be careful...Donald Trump's heritage is German (father) and Scottish (mother)....devilish combination...

Oh! and Boris Johnson, the co-author of the Brexit vote, was born in Manhatten...not far from where Donald was born. Twins? They look alike.
                            Last edited by Davita; 11-07-16, 17:22.

Comment

Working...
                            X