death or chemical castration...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death or chemical castration...

... if it were you, what option would you go for?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36385909

[COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"Indonesia has toughened its punishments for child rapists to include the death penalty and chemical castration.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]It follows outrage over several recent violent crimes, including the gang-rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]President Joko Widodo said the regulation was "intended to overcome the crisis caused by sexual violence against children".[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]Previously, the maximum sentence for rape, of either an adult or a child, was 14 years in jail.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]People jailed for sexual offences against children may also now be made to wear electronic monitoring devices after their release.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]The gang rape of 14-year-old Yuyun on her way home from school and the rape and brutal murder of a 18-year-old factory worker this month have sparked national outrage.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]In polls and on social media there is widespread support for tougher punishments including castration and the death penalty for perpetrators, particularly when children are the victims.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]But a number of leading rights activists have voiced their dissent.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]Mariana Aminudi from the National Commission on Violence Against Women said on Twitter: "The castration law is evidence that the government does not view sexual assaults as act of violence but merely as a matter of controlling sexual urges."[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]While Sandra Moniaga from the National Commission on Human Rights wrote: "Violence will not be stopped by violent punishments."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]Introduced by emergency presidential decree, the new rules are in effect immediately but could be overturned by parliament at a later date.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"An extraordinary crime deserves an exceptional response", Mr Widodo said"

Interesting to see how this goes... what do you all think?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Cicak Magnet

Originally posted by Davita
    I think they should just outright ban it...problem solved....just like banning alcohol will solve that problem.
    Maybe I am thick but I don't know what you mean... ban child rape or ban punishment for it?
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
      Maybe I am thick but I don't know what you mean... ban child rape or ban punishment for it?
      Post deleted by author as not seen in the manner it was intended...

Comment

Let's hope that the child rape victim is telling the truth, I seem to recall a certain mother stating that "children do not lie".

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
          Post deleted by author as not seen in the manner it was intended...
          lol... have you been stashing supplies and imbibing Davita
          Cicak Magnet

Comment

lol... have you been stashing supplies and imbibing Davita
            Unfortunately not! I haven't imbibed since February when I had an operation and a fifth of my colon removed. After my chemo-therapy is finished, in a couple of months, I'll imbibe again...if I'm allowed to by the Indonesian government. Lucky I don't live in Surabaya...

I realized, after posting, that this thread IS about a serious topic and my attempt at witticism wasn't appropriate...

Comment

Well I get that it is a serious topic- but ya know, a drop of levity to lift the grim won't harm too much.

& sorry to hear you are sick- get well soon.
              Cicak Magnet

Comment

Aidy , if you mean the girl in the article- she was murdered, so I guess she isn't saying much in the way of lies.
                I do think in light of certain other events , it might be a worrying time to be male and in the vicinity of kids.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

No Bad Azz, I'm commenting on the new law. Child rapists to be castrated. So if everyone tells the truth thats fine as there's not much opportunity for a pardon on this one.

Comment

Execution has a zero percent recidivism rate.

I am OK with executing child rapists if there is a preponderance of DNA evidence linking them to the crime. The nature of the crime lends itself well to this kind of evidence, which is far more reliable than eyewitness testimony. Unfortunately, that's not going to be at play in Indonesia, like at all. They'll be trying to execute people like those JIS teachers.

Comment

I'm afraid the JIS teachers would be in serious trouble now, I wonder how many men have been imprisoned because some jilted female cried rape, the footballer in the UK is quite persistent in his claim it was consensual,but as she was drunk at the time who can tell.

Comment

So guys, my question was: would you chose to be severed from your bits, albeit chemically, or death...?
                        I was curious just how attached men are to their bits.

*I am not insinuating that any of you are kiddy fiddlers or rapists.
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

So guys, my question was: would you chose to be severed from your bits, albeit chemically, or death...?
                          I was curious just how attached men are to their bits.

*I am not insinuating that any of you are kiddy fiddlers or rapists.

Well BA, to tell you the truth, & I know this is a serious subject but I have a bit of trouble with the words chemical & castration being used together, I know the two words have a combined definition but it just doesn't really make sense to me unless I imagine being forced to dip my bits in a bucket of flesh devouring acid.

edit .... ouch .... & I know this stiill hasn't answered your question.
                          Last edited by macvert; 26-05-16, 19:31.
                          The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Seems like BA,heads you win tails I lose, the only perso I know or heard of was the code breaker for the Enigma, forgot his name, but he was chemically castrated for being homosexual, allegedly he committed suicide, but I still cannot tell you, knees go a shakey

Comment

Hmmm, maybe force feeding booze in copious amounts would have the chemical castration effect- sort of...?
                              Cicak Magnet

Comment

Working...
                              X