No announcement yet.

Surabaya to become alcohol free city

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, it says it on the bottle, Google says most beer is 4- 6% & some as high as 12% but yes, I was sort of making a point about The Jakarta Post's headlines which can be confusing if not misleading.
    The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

I meant are you sure you would be ok with beer below 10%.....not are you sure about the 4.7% Yes agree on the reporting.....

Comment

Originally posted by BAJakarta View Post
        I meant are you sure you would be ok with beer below 10%.....not are you sure about the 4.7% Yes agree on the reporting.....
        Oh ... lol .... ya I'd be ok, the only beer I think I've ever had above about 6% was probably my home brew which scared me off a bit ...

..... don't mind a drop of red now & then, especially with food so that could be a bit of a drama with most wines being 9 - 14%
        Last edited by macvert; 19-05-16, 17:50.
        The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

You can still find a prostitute in Surabaya even if you don't know were to look. They will come up to you or people will come up to you offering.

10% covers almost all wines and liquor. So it protects bintang and domestic beers, but bans foreign wines and spirits.

Comment

If there was a child that wasn't allowed to play with his toys, yet he refused to let any other kids play with them. Wouldn't we would scold him for being selfish. Yet with the similar Muslim attitude of "I cant drink so no one can drink" there doesn't seem to be anyone that is brave enough to question this selfishness. Typical where all things Muslim are concerned in RI.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              If there was a child that wasn't allowed to play with his toys, yet he refused to let any other kids play with them. Wouldn't we would scold him for being selfish. Yet with the similar Muslim attitude of "I cant drink so no one can drink" there doesn't seem to be anyone that is brave enough to question this selfishness. Typical where all things Muslim are concerned in RI.
              Because a lot of criminal cases in Indonesia started by alcohol.

And this is in US (domestic violence, incest, rape, etc.because of alcohol in US)
              https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...2W7-Q82XogZj4g
              Last edited by be happy; 21-05-16, 00:06.
              [FONT=comic sans ms]"The body needs food, the souls needs Zikr, the mind needs fikr, and the heart should always be doing shukr"[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by be happy View Post
                Because a lot of criminal cases in Indonesia started by alcohol.
                I read the Jakarta Post and Globe every day and can say...from the daily reports in those newspapers.....most crime in Indonesia is started by corruption.

If the legislators would apply as much energy into solving that criminal activity, as they seem to be applying to prohibiting alcohol....then the country and the majority of citizens would be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
                  I read the Jakarta Post and Globe every day and can say...from the daily reports in those newspapers.....most crime in Indonesia is started by corruption.

If the legislators would apply as much energy into solving that criminal activity, as they seem to be applying to prohibiting alcohol....then the country and the majority of citizens would be better off.
                  A lot of rape and domestic violence cases in Indonesia not caused by coruption....but by alcohol....

http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=...pA2O1LAINkBnNA
                  [FONT=comic sans ms]"The body needs food, the souls needs Zikr, the mind needs fikr, and the heart should always be doing shukr"[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms][/FONT]

Comment

A lot of rape and domestic violence cases in Indonesia not caused by coruption....but by alcohol....

Alcohol and coruption, both of them are bad....

Comment

you should really go out of your little comfort zone, left your judgement at home and just go travel the world and see it as it is. You sound really like someone who needs to go on a picnic.

Comment

Originally posted by fennec fox View Post
                        you should really go out of your little comfort zone, left your judgement at home and just go travel the world and see it as it is. You sound really like someone who needs to go on a picnic.
                        You quite right, "be happy" really is miss named, she should really get out and get a life, probably one off the saddest contributor I've read so far, I've know many people who drink in my long life, only met one chap who beat his wife and anybody else when drunk, never know anyone personal who committed incest, possibly the Egyptian girl I'm my class at school, whose Muslim father checked her vaginity every night, she sadly thought this was normal, so as fennec says go for a world tour, it isn't that bad or filled with drunks raping or beating their wives

Comment

Originally posted by fennec fox View Post
                          It's Indonesia brother...morethan 200 million people.

You can compare it in US, that also has a lot of population. Alcohol and drugs being serious problem on that country.

I have a lot of friends used drugs. And alcohol was the first step before they acquainted with drugs. And they are moslem.
                          Last edited by be happy; 21-05-16, 10:30.

Comment

I have a lot of friends used drugs. And alcohol was the first step before they acquainted with drugs. And they are moslem.
                            Soooooo, because some people can't handle alcohol responsibly, we should make it illegal for everyone? I have a friend that is a really bad driver - keeps getting in accidents and hurting people. I myself don't drive, so I think we should make driving illegal because I am tired of these drivers hurting others......

Comment

It's Indonesia brother...morethan 200 million people.

You can compare it in US, that also has a lot of population. Alcohol and drugs being serious problem on that country.

Are you saying 200 million Indonesians are alcoholic rapists? I've worked at 2 Indonesian companies over a period of 18 years, must be more than 400 Indonesian staff I've been associated with, we would often go out for meals, only one would have a beer, and he was a Christian, as far as I know he never beat his Indonesian wife, the only person I had a problem with was actually an imam, grabbing the logist girls breasts, but I would hard say all Indonesian imams go round grabbing young girls breasts, there are Indonesians who drink and do drugs, seems you know them all, I would suggest you look for nicer friends and de rail this thread but quoting silly statistic from the US, you can find depressing statistics about any country, so please look on the bright side and be happy, I think you should be more worried about the corruption here plus the harm cigarette smoking does to Indonesians than alcohol or drugstores
                              Last edited by Anglian; 21-05-16, 11:25.

Comment

Malaysia which has sharia law allows all non moslems to drink , simple solution ya ?

Comment

Working...
                                X