Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by be happy View Post
    Don't be angry...
    That link is only for them who want to seek the truth...
    No problem if you think that is Rubish...

It's Ok brother....
    I did seek truth, but I found rubbish. I'm not angry. This is me seeing you being gullible, and trying to keep you from influencing other people who are also inclined to believe any poorly contrived bit of conspiracy theory they happen to stumble across. I'd just like to discourage you from spreading things that seem to be untrue, as you search for truth.

Also, I don't really like being called "brother" by random strangers. That word has actual significance to me. Would you like us all to start calling you "lover", "mistress", "mama", "iddy biddy poo bears", "second-cousin thrice removed", "husband" and the like?
    Last edited by Happyman; 24-05-16, 09:01.

Comment

Because you bring 'my Religion" to discussion....and you seem misunderstanding about Islam...

You thought that moslem is ISIS, Taliban, or al-Qaeda....without knowing out there a lot of moslem don't like to ISIS, Taliban, and al-Qaeda.....
      Your words seem like hating....and judging all of moslem like that without knowing differencies between them and majority moslem. So I explained it to you....to open your eyes...and ask to you to observe about Wahabism

You should protest "about suicide bom" to al-Qaeda...or Wahabi/Salafi who follow al-Qaeda.

not to moslem Asy'ary-Maturidy (majority moslem) in Indonesia.... We arenot Wahabi or Salafi....you know.
      Speaking as someone who has a long, storied history of a defensive posture concerning Islam on this forum let me give you some perspective. I have very rarely encountered LIIEF members who were openly hostile to Islam, and those who were aren't here any more. Yeah, we have had some *spirited* debates here, yeah, sometimes we've gone too far, but honestly if you encounter some members who have suspicion about religion it's religion in general, not just Islam.

Expatriates as foreigners certainly have a different view by virtue of where they're from. Some things take adjustment. When forum members seek resolutions for overly loud masjid speakers, they understand that they're living in a majority Muslim country. They understand that for some of the locals this may be important or a public good. Just because they're seeking to make peaceful lives for themselves does not necessarily mean they're hostile to Muslims or Indonesians. In fact, when we occasionally get people making offensive or blanket statements about the indigenous people, we all object pretty much in unison.

Indonesians are our friends and family members, and so are Muslims too.

If you stay with this forum long enough you'll develop a healthy rapport and respect with the other forum members. They're good people, and I don't think Davita is someone who deeply and grossly misunderstands Islam and Muslims. There's no need to get defensive, to hunker down and close ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davita View Post
        @ sunflower post 3115 and 115.

I'm sorry sunflower...I cannot comprehend your command of English well enough to try to explain about 'principles' that I allude to in my analogy comments....but let me try
        If a person walks into a bank with a gun and demands money by threat...it is a crime.
        If a person walks into a bank and finds money on the floor and picks it up to keep...it is a crime.
        Same principle.

If alcohol is deemed to kill people such that it should be banned then if Islamists kill people in Bali...shouldn't they be banned...same principle.

BTW it isn't 'be happy's' opinions that most of us object it is her constant preaching the Koran that's annoying.
        You also annoying me...
        When you judge all of moslem like al-Qaeda, ISIS, or Taliban...
        [FONT=comic sans ms]"The body needs food, the souls needs Zikr, the mind needs fikr, and the heart should always be doing shukr"[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms][/FONT]

Comment

You also annoying me...
          That didn't happen. Go back and read.

Comment

You also annoying me...
            OK OK, stop.

A few questions for you:

Do you believe that that the best government for Indonesia is either based solely on local law and tradition or shari'a?

Do you believe that extremism of any kind is dangerous?

Edit: and mods, this is leading back to alcohol, don't just shift this off to that religion thread just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happyman View Post
              I did seek truth, but I found rubbish. I'm not angry. This is me seeing you being gullible, and trying to keep you from influencing other people who are also inclined to believe any poorly contrived bit of conspiracy theory they happen to stumble across. I'd just like to discourage you from spreading things that seem to be untrue, as you search for truth.

Also, I don't really like being called "brother" by random strangers. That word has actual significance to me. Would you like us all to start calling you "lover", "mistress", "mama", "iddy biddy poo bears", "second-cousin thrice removed", "husband" and the like?
              I'm sorry....for call you brother.
              But it's very common in Indonesia.
              It's like call some one "Mas" (javanese), or "A'a" (sundanese)...
              I always called as "mbak" (sister)
              It just the culture....

The Conspiracy Theory spreading by Western People....and we only read it. If you want to protest.....please protest to them.

But yess....the reality is USA got advantage by attacking Iraq and killing morethan 1 million Iraqi (men and women), and take out the "Oil" from that country ....just for money and "Kekuasaan"....
              Last edited by be happy; 24-05-16, 09:18.
              [FONT=comic sans ms]"The body needs food, the souls needs Zikr, the mind needs fikr, and the heart should always be doing shukr"[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms][/FONT]

Comment

The Conspiracy Theory spreading by Western People....and we only read it. If you want to protest.....please protest to them.
                When they come by and post a link, I will. Currently you are the one posting it, so I'm protesting to you.

I'll go work now. Have fun trying your shenanigans with Dan.

Addit: I see you've added a bit of random rubbish to the end of your post there... or at least it would appear to be so, unless you can show us all the data? You got a cost/benefit analysis for the wars? BTW, I didn't/don't agree with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but if you are going to say that they were done for a profit... where's your proof?
                Last edited by Happyman; 24-05-16, 09:33.

Comment

I'm sorry....for call you brother.
                  But it's very common in Indonesia.
                  It's like call some one "Mas" (javanese), or "A'a" (sundanese)...
                  I always called as "mbak" (sister)
                  It just the culture....

Comment

• There appears to be a serious case of thread drift here, can we get back to Scoucers thread re Surabyas alcohol ban and less religious ramblings,

Comment

When they come by and post a link, I will. Currently you are the one posting it, so I'm protesting to you.

But....
                      After 911, US goverment got support to attack Afghanistan and Iraq.
                      killed morethan 1 million Iraqi (men and women)....and they take out "Oil" from that country.
                      The Conspiracy theory very relevant with the last facts...
                      Last edited by be happy; 24-05-16, 09:46.

Comment

You also annoying me...
                        But they ARE Muslims...what else...are they Christians, Jews, Hindus, Budhhists, agnostic or atheist...do they pray in a Mosque or some other place?

If you advocate that all alcohol should be banned because a few errants abuse alcohol, and do bad things..... then shouldn't the same principle be applied to ban all Muslims because a few errants join Muslim organisations, and do bad things?

I believe that Dan's comments in post 119 and Atlantis in post 122 are more reasoned arguments concerning alcohol harm....as does an editorial in today's Jakarta Post which, when I find how to copy/paste from my digital copy, I'll edit this post and paste the relevant/pertinent paras.
                        Last edited by Davita; 24-05-16, 09:48.

Comment

Addit: I see you've added a bit of random rubbish to the end of your post there... or at least it would appear to be so, unless you can show us all the data? You got a cost/benefit analysis for the wars? BTW, I didn't/don't agree with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but if you are going to say that they were done for a profit... where's your proof?
                          You can search in google, the agreement between the puppet leader in Iraq with US...after Saddam Husien died.

A lot of people talk about it....
                          Not only Indonesian moslem, also the western....

Sorry for double paste.....my hp error...
                          I want to edit, and delete other "tulisan'..but my hp error and menyebabkan double paste....
                          Last edited by be happy; 24-05-16, 10:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davita View Post
                            But they ARE Muslims...what else...are they Christians, Jews, Hindus, Budhhists, agnostic or atheist...do they pray in a Mosque or some other place?

If you advocate that all alcohol should be banned because a few errants abuse alcohol, and do bad things..... then shouldn't the same principle be applied to ban all Muslims because a few errants join Muslim organisations, and do bad things?

I believe that Dan's comments in post 119 and Atlantis in post 122 are more reasoned arguments concerning alcohol harm....as does an editorial in today's Jakarta Post which, when I find how to copy/paste from my digital copy, I'll edit this post and paste the relevant/pertinent paras.

If you give your analogy to Christian...maybe they will strange too..

This is strange analogy, in dialogue between A and B
                            + I saw Christian killed people.in the name of religion
                            - Yes I saw too...but they are one of sects in Protestant
                            + But they are Christian, how bad they are
                            - I'm Christian too...but I'm Chatolic, and Chatolic never agree with them. They are one of extremist sects in Protestant.
                            + But they are Christian....they also pray in the church...
                            - ??????
                            Last edited by be happy; 24-05-16, 10:17.

Comment

• Please Moderators sort this thread out, Davita has brought up an interesting arrival in today's JP, is lost in a load of religious ramblings, pls sort ASAP, as I would like to make some comments regarding the ban

Comment

• Originally posted by Anglian View Post
                                Please Moderators sort this thread out, Davita has brought up an interesting arrival in today's JP, is lost in a load of religious ramblings, pls sort ASAP, as I would like to make some comments regarding the ban
                                I second Anglian's request.

To 'be happy': your presence would be more appreciated here I am sure if you engaged with the actual substance of this thread. Why not show the forum how well you can analyse the articles which the Jak Post (and other newspapers in Bahasa) have published on this rather tricky topic? It seems that you don't even read some of the postings here??

The law seems to want to address all of distribution, consumption and production.
                                Last edited by johntap; 24-05-16, 11:54. Reason: add words

Comment

Working...
                                X