Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irma Bule dies from cobra bite

http://https://www.washingtonpost.co...itten-onstage/
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

She's a stupid girl. The "pawang" already warned her but she acted tough didnt want to hear him.

Comment

The link doesn't work for me - here is a different one: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0e9cdf8df7be7

Comment

Cheers Puspa, my link's not working for me either, at the moment (ahem).

I somehow don't think Steve Irwin would have approved of the way this was "handled" (then again, he's not with us anymore either).

I haven't been able to view the clip of the actual incident (not that it really matters) but my wife has seen it.

Her death certainly leaves a lot of questions to be answered, but it seems that she was the one who insisted on continuing the performance, which was very stupid indeed. Still, she shouldn't have been allowed to do so and should have been taken to a hospital immediately. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
          she shouldn't have been allowed to do so and should have been taken to a hospital immediately. Sad.
          Yes, the exact opposite of what one should do when bitten by a venomous snake, the patient should be kept quiet & still to slow the flow of venom through the lymphatic system & medical attention sought ASAP.
          Last edited by macvert; 09-04-16, 16:25.
          The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Darwin Award nominee.

Comment

Originally posted by dafluff View Post
              Darwin Award nominee.
              was Steve Irwin ever a nominee? (God rest his soul)

Comment

Originally posted by macvert View Post
                was Steve Irwin ever a nominee? (God rest his soul)
                But there is no stopping his widow. On several occasions last week, before taking a dip on the west coast of Aceh Province on the way to Aceh Selatan, I (thankfully) could not convince any of the locals watching, that there were salties there. They insisted the crocs were a fresh water variety, and though big, were harmless. I still wish I hadn't read the following:

[FONT=arial narrow]Janda Pemburu Buaya, Terry Irwin, Tangkap Buaya Raksasa di Aceh[/FONT]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Bogor (ANTARA News) - Terry Irwin, istri "pemburu buaya" Steve Irwin, bersama rombongan mengunjungi Indonesia guna melakukan beberapa kegiatan sekaligus, antara lain menangkap buaya raksasa yang telah memangsa manusia di Meulaboh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Direktur Taman Safari Indonesia (TSI), Tony Sumampauw, mengatakan di Bogor, Minggu, bahwa kunjungan Terry Irwin bersama rombongan ke Indonesia antara lain karena diminta membantu menangkap buaya raksana di sebuah sungai di Meulaboh, Aceh, yang telah memangsa manusia. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]"Di sungai itu diperkirakan ada tiga ekor buaya raksasa, salah satunya sudah berhasil ditangkap. Buaya itu berukuran panjang 520 cm dan telah berusia sekitar 80 tahun," kata Toni Sumampauw.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Dijelaskan Terry Irwin, buaya yang tertangkap di Meulaboh tersebut adalah jenis buaya muara yang ganas. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]"Dia bisa memangsa manusia, apalagi ukuran tubuhnya sudah sedemikian besar," katanya.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Di Aceh, Terry Irwin bersama rombongan tidak hanya membantu menangkap buaya, tapi juga memberikan pelatihan singkat, bagaimana mengetahui lokasi-lokasi yang ada buaya dan menghindari kemungkinan dimangsa buaya.

Extract from [/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.antaranews.com/print/94573/janda-pemburu-buaya-terry-irwin-tangkap-buaya-raksasa-di-aceh

Some strange "natural" events recently: female foreign adventurer in Sabang drowns after getting a blast of thermal hot water; another tourist torn apart by a crocodile in Raja Ampat, And now this.
                Last edited by johntap; 09-04-16, 20:07.

Comment

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah,good ol' Tezza, what a heroine, I remember one of the Croc Hunter episodes on TV (I must've been terribly bored & there was nothing else on) when Tezza was apparently having a dramatic time in a dinghy among great white sharks, it was blatantly obvious (to me) that the footage of Tezza in the dinghy & the footage of the noah's arks were taken at different times if not different locations & then spliced together.

Post edit .... yes John, their shows were loved in Australia too ... by those who knew no better.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                  Last edited by macvert; 09-04-16, 20:25.

Comment

Why do people on TV have to mess with snakes, I watched this so called Ausie expert handling a brown snake, explaing it was very poisonous, as he help it up the snake gently nipped his nose, luckily it didn't really bite, lucky?
                    We watched on tv the girl being bitten, what surprises me is the Cobra was even allowed on stage, what if it decided to wander of into the audience, that would have caused a stir, my wife said Indian snake charmers have Cobras, I said I thought they had been defanged,
                    I mentioned in another thread we had several baby cobras get into the house and garden, but we were wondering, do hospitals have the anti venom, or do you drive around in a traffic jam looking for a suitable hospital

Comment

The mentality is mind boggling .... what kind of drugs was that woman on & why didn't those in authority exercise it?

We had a small Cobra in our garden about a week ago & on doing a little research I found that the closest hospital with anti venom is in Denpasar .... only about 2 hours away.... just relax.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post

Some strange "natural" events recently: female foreign adventurer in Sabang drowns after getting a blast of thermal hot water; another tourist torn apart by a crocodile in Raja Ampat, And now this.
                        So, outside the realm of the natural, what are your suspicions? Something akin to what you mention about an incident at Sabang has been the most recent (?) explanation offered for the loss of all those planes and ships in the "Bermuda triangle", by the way (and possibly implicated in the "Jack the Ripper" murders as well).

Comment

Of course I dont know. The revenge of nature? Does cancer fit in here?
                          The diver was wearing a camera, which makes for interesting watching. Better than a black box for sure.

ETA - for Mister and Irma :

An international Qantas flight has been forced to turn back after reports of a "vibrating" engine, the second incident of its kind in five days.
                          Last edited by johntap; 09-04-16, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post
                            ETA - for Mister and Irma :

An international Qantas flight has been forced to turn back after reports of a "vibrating" engine, the second incident of its kind in five days.
                            Qantas just had a guy die on a Melbourne-Dubai route....hope it wasn't the same flight.

Comment

I think it is not all that uncommon (people dying of natural causes aboard flights), though I am sure it only happens in something like "one in 10,000 flights" ... a friend who was a flight attendant for many years said that it happened on one of her flights between Houston and Paris.

Now, for John, something out of the ordinary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar2HKImK-0
                              Last edited by Mister Bule; 10-04-16, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X