Does sigheh exist in Indonesia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does sigheh exist in Indonesia?

Is [FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif][COLOR=#333333]sigheh allowed? Is it a common arrangement?
    Thanks for any insights![/COLOR][/FONT]

Well it existed. But I don't think it allowed.
    I think it's common everywhere in the world.
    Or maybe I just don't travel that much.
    Not that I'm interested to travel to that kind of place though.

Comment

Would it be terribly rude of me to ask why you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by brazucanyc View Post
        Is [FONT=georgia][COLOR=#333333]sigheh allowed? Is it a common arrangement?
        Thanks for any insights![/COLOR][/FONT]
        What is it ???

Comment

I'm not 100% certain, but doesn't this occurr in I think the puncak area, Saudis marry Indonesian girls for a short period then return to Saudi,

Comment

Just got back from Google and the answer is yes I think its practiced in the Puncak area of Jawa Barat - I remember there was a thread on here about it a long while back.

Comment

Yes it was a while back, don't think the Indonesian authorities were very impressed, as soon as the girls became pregnant the Saudis budgered off, weird practice

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                Would it be terribly rude of me to ask why you want to know?
                Just doing my research and exploring all options.

Comment

So thinking of exploiting poor Indonesian maidens, or some other higher Islamic research

Comment

Just doing my research and exploring all options.
                    From an Islamic perspective, what is the purpose of a temporary marriage? To satisfy carnal desires, to provide temporary companionship?

And what is your niyyah, your intention?

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows your heart better than you do. You engage in temporary marriage to deceive other humans and to satisfy their desire for legalism in submission. But is it actually submission to bend the rules to engage in zina, adultery? Is Allah actually fooled by this deception?

Allah says, "And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners."

If you want a partnership or a live-in girlfriend, do so. If you want a sex worker, hire one. But do you really need to dress it up in Islam and to satisfy whom?

Comment

Originally posted by Anglian View Post
                      So thinking of exploiting poor Indonesian maidens, or some other higher Islamic research
                      Sorry sir, are you projecting any of your personal experience on me?

Comment

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
                        If you want a partnership or a live-in girlfriend, do so. If you want a sex worker, hire one. But do you really need to dress it up in Islam and to satisfy whom?
                        Wouldn't this be between God and me? Why do I owe other people explanation of my [COLOR=#333333]niyyah[/COLOR]? Just to satisfy their morbid curiosity?

Comment

Wouldn't this be between God and me?
                          no

Why do I owe other people explanation of my [COLOR=#333333]niyyah[/COLOR]? Just to satisfy their morbid curiosity?

you don't. but clearly you do not get his point

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
                            no
                            OK then, I will make sure that I will report all my private dealings with God to YOU (not).

Comment

Food for thought: Indonesian legal system does not recognize this kind of marriage. If you're caught you'll be treated as a john. Of course with rampant corruption you can bribe your way out, but it's not gonna be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X