• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• australia travel warning indonesia

Australian Government warns of 'advanced stage' attack plans in Indonesia

[COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/australi...#ixzz41F50PoA9
    Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

The updated travel advice on the Department of Foreign Affairs' website smartraveller came as Justice Minister Michael Keenan met Jakarta police chief Tito Karnavian to discuss the recent Jakarta attacks and Australia's ongoing efforts with Indonesia to combat terrorism in the region.
    Mr Keenan said it was likely there would be more attacks in South-east Asia as violent extremists sought to inspire young people to take up their cause.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    ctd

I also got a warning from the British Government advice line yesterday, about increased threat of terrorist attack.

Something is brewing.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Nothing from the US Government. Nothing is listed on their traveling warning/alert page.

Thanks for the update though.
      Lucky 13

Comment

A genuine question, compared to other countries in the world and South East Asia. How safe is Indonesia ranked?
        I mean isn't Brazil, Mexico, some parts of US are more dangerous than here? and South Thailand is practically Aceh in the 80's ... or am I mistaken, and I can expect to more safe aboard than here
        - yes, I don't travel -

@mods : if you think I am derailing the thread feel free to delete this
        Last edited by Yingyang; 26-02-16, 20:31.
        Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

@ Jim69 : I agree. The Canadian Government also sent out an email yesterday, warning everyone to exercise a high degree of caution due to the continuing threat of terrorism in the region.
          Last edited by jessiesgirl; 27-02-16, 15:28. Reason: add the person to whom I'm replying

Comment

thanks for sharing, that's will help my travelling plan.

Comment

Working...
            X