ISIS Threat to Poison Indonesia’s Food and water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS Threat to Poison Indonesia’s Food and water

ISIS hasn’t been dominating the headlines this month quite as much as they were late last year, but they’re still dreaming up unthinkable ways to torture and kill. Police in Indonesia are now on high alert after the country unearthed a warning that ISIS is threatening to poison food and water supplies.

The International Business Times reports that police and military personnel are particularly at risk for any attacks as ISIS hopes to destabilize the country.

“[ISIS] is now using cyanide to terrorize,” security affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan told reporters in Jakarta. “They are using cyanide to poison food.”

https://munchies.vice.com/en/article...d-water-supply

So Jessica was only a start?
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Eh. That sounds like an uninspired threat. It's like when a child sees another child gets praised for doing something and they go "here I can do that too! I can do that better!"

Comment

Originally posted by scouser59 View Post
        ISIS hasn’t been dominating the headlines this month quite as much as they were late last year, but they’re still dreaming up unthinkable ways to torture and kill. Police in Indonesia are now on high alert after the country unearthed a warning that ISIS is threatening to poison food and water supplies.

The International Business Times reports that police and military personnel are particularly at risk for any attacks as ISIS hopes to destabilize the country.

“[ISIS] is now using cyanide to terrorize,” security affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan told reporters in Jakarta. “They are using cyanide to poison food.”

https://munchies.vice.com/en/article...d-water-supply
        Eh, how would that work on a viable scale?

Comment

So effectively Isis want to be responsible for the killing of more muslims.

Comment

On 8th March, KOMPAS reported the seizure of suspected illegal cyanide totaling 209 drums + 3 gallons. If each drum contains 50 kg. cyanide, the total weight is more than 10,450 kg., not including the 3 gallons.

http://regional.kompas.com/read/2016...ai.Rp.2.Miliar

Today 12th March, TRIBRATA (a police news portal) reported that the police released the cyanide back to the owner because they have the necessary permits from the provincial government of Gorontalo through Dinas Perdagangan (trade), Perindustrian Koperasi (cooperative industry), and UMKM (Micro, Small & Medium Industry). The report did NOT say that they have permit from higher office in Jakarta, e.g. Ministry of Health or Security or B.I.N. (State Intelligence Bureau). The report also said that there were 200 drums ONLY. So there is a discrepancy of 9 drums + 3 gallons compared to the report of KOMPAS 4 days earlier.

http://www.tribratanews.com/10-ton-sianida-asal-china-yang-disita-polda-gorontalo-miliki-izin-untuk-dipasarkan/

Comment

Wasn't cyanide used in gold industry?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallWorld View Post
                Wasn't cyanide used in gold industry?
                Yes, the owner of the cyanide said it is for processing gold. However, his company is just a CV, not a PT. As you probably know, a CV is usually a smaller company than a PT. So a small company can go into gold mining, and they can buy & use cyanide? I don’t know how much cyanide they need to process how much gold, they have more than 10 metric tons stored in a rice warehouse (of all places). If less than one gram can kill one person, the 9 drums can kill more than 450,000 people. If they don’t know how to properly store cyanide, how can they control its use?

Comment

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                  Yes, the owner of the cyanide said it is for processing gold. However, his company is just a CV, not a PT. As you probably know, a CV is usually a smaller company than a PT. So a small company can go into gold mining, and they can buy & use cyanide? I don’t know how much cyanide they need to process how much gold, they have more than 10 metric tons stored in a rice warehouse (of all places). If less than one gram can kill one person, the 9 drums can kill more than 450,000 people. If they don’t know how to properly store cyanide, how can they control its use?
                  Isn't cyanide forbidden to be used even in gold industry in Indonesia?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallWorld View Post
                    Isn't cyanide forbidden to be used even in gold industry in Indonesia?
                    That, I don’t know. If it is forbidden, then what is their reason for possession of cyanide? It is possible their gold mine is illegal, but how come they got ‘local’ permits to buy cyanide? Is this an example of regional autonomy wreaking havoc on national security? What if the cyanide falls into the wrong hands? What if they repack & resell it by the kilogram or even gram? Who is monitoring them? If you read the news, their gold mine is near the rice mill & warehouse. So rice paddies must also be nearby, just imagine waste water from the gold mine flowing into rice paddies… disaster can happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X