X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScooterIndo
    replied
    Originally posted by johntap View Post
    I am suggesting that given the level and stage of development of this country, the police don't do such a bad job. Compared with the police forces in northern Mexico.

Yeah because after only 70 plus years of independence, it would be too much to expect.

Leave a comment:

• BAJakarta
    replied
    lol - glancing at the thread title I initially thought it said "Police corruption ball".....now there's an idea, have a black tie affair in Bali to raise money to donate to the Police.....

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Originally posted by Kimdub View Post
    If you want to judge on such low standards, your choice.

But I will guarantee you, the police in a place like Cabo San Lucas which is in northern Mexico do a good job. That is a money making popular tourist destination that the government is at least smart enough to police properly.
    Thanks Kimdub, for reminding me that it would have been better to compare with el cabo.

Leave a comment:

• Kimdub
    replied
    I am suggesting that given the level and stage of development of this country, the police don't do such a bad job. Compared with the police forces in northern Mexico.
    If you want to judge on such low standards, your choice.

But I will guarantee you, the police in a place like Cabo San Lucas which is in northern Mexico do a good job. That is a money making popular tourist destination that the government is at least smart enough to police properly.

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
    I would have expected him to have been dishonorably discharged from the police and fairly prosecuted in the courts resulting in a proper punishment - after all if you or I committed the exact same crime do you think we could be given the "say sorry" option - reports like this serve no purpose other than to further erode the public confidence and credibility of the police both of which are already in tatters.

Leave a comment:

• ScooterIndo
    replied
    How good would you expect (or even want) the Indonesian police to be?
    I would have expected him to have been dishonorably discharged from the police and fairly prosecuted in the courts resulting in a proper punishment - after all if you or I committed the exact same crime do you think we could be given the "say sorry" option - reports like this serve no purpose other than to further erode the public confidence and credibility of the police both of which are already in tatters.

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
    "The punishment, now confirmed, removes Januartha from any command for one year and requires him to apologize to the Bali Provincial Chief of Police for the damage caused to the image of the Indonesian Police."

That's like standing waist deep in shit and then apologizing for farting - damage caused to the image of the Indonesian police ?? Are you fucking joking ??
    How good would you expect (or even want) the Indonesian police to be?

Leave a comment:

• Anglian
    replied
    The really sad thing is they truly believe they are doing a good job and people respect them, one of my daughters friends father is a retired police general, occasionally we go to visit the family, he actually lives in fear of a knock on the door to be asked where he got all the money and big house, I just tell him if he goes down he can take the rest with him

Leave a comment:

• ScooterIndo
    replied
    "The punishment, now confirmed, removes Januartha from any command for one year and requires him to apologize to the Bali Provincial Chief of Police for the damage caused to the image of the Indonesian Police."

That's like standing waist deep in shit and then apologizing for farting - damage caused to the image of the Indonesian police ?? Are you fucking joking ??

Leave a comment:

• Anglian
    replied
    Quite a sad thread really, you keep thinking things will get better but they don't, they don't seem to have any shame

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    [color=#333333]damage caused to the image of the indonesian police.
    lolll[/color]

Leave a comment:

• Anglian
    replied
    So he has a whole year off with pay? The police really are a joke

Leave a comment:

• dafluff
    replied
    Originally posted by scouser59 View Post
    requires him to apologize to the Bali Provincial Chief of Police for the damage caused to the image of the Indonesian Police.
    Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Ya ya.

Leave a comment:

• scouser59
    started a topic police corruption in bali

police corruption in bali

A Slap on the Wrist?
    Disgraced Former Police Chief of Kuta Precinct Avoids Firing and Prison Time for Role in Alleged Extortion of Group of Australian Tourists

Bali News: Bali, Indonesia, Ida Bagus Dedy Januartha, Kuta Police, extortion, Buck’s Night
    Click Image to Enlarge

(1/24/2016)

A punishment has finally been handed down to the former chief of the Kuta Police Station, Ida Bagus Dedy Januartha (shown), after being proven to be involved in the physical abuse and extortion of a group of Australian travelers.

The incident that took place on February 26, 2015, involved 16 men attending a Buck’s Night at a Seminyak restaurant where a strip-tease show had been organized on their behalf. Raided by police from the Kuta Police precinct under Januartha’s command, the men were reportedly manhandled – including being Tasered and pistol-whipped, and threatened with 10 years imprisonment unless they forked over a sum reported at AU$25,000 to the police.

The punishment, now confirmed, removes Januartha from any command for one year and requires him to apologize to the Bali Provincial Chief of Police for the damage caused to the image of the Indonesian Police.

Viewed as an open and shut case of criminal extortion and sadly emblematic pf police impunity at the Kuta Police precinct, many had hoped than Januartha would be dishonorably discharged from the police and sent to prison for his deeds.

The former Kuta police chief has reportedly confessed to his role in the incident together with five other policemen who only have receive transfers and administrative sanctions.
Working...
X