Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPI attacks christmass shops in galaxy mall

Surabaya yesterday 23 dec ,

so much for religious harmony in indonesia !

republica online and others

Religious fanatics make the news; the story could easily have been highlighting religious crackpots in the USA.

But beyond the commonality of the event, when was it ever appropriate to associate religious harmony with Indonesia?

Comment

Moderation note: A number of posts have been deleted - provoking, bickering are among the issues to be moderated. Have a Merry Christmas you two.

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
        Moderation note: A number of posts have been deleted ...... .
        Yes they have including this statement from me

Where the FPI are concerned there is no humour or sanctimony (only self professed BS), the sooner Indonesia gets rid of this shit the better

If you Mr. John Madden or anyone else on this forum has a problem with the above in bold , I respectfully ask that you tell me WHY!

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          Religious fanatics make the news; the story could easily have been highlighting religious crackpots in the USA.

But beyond the commonality of the event, when was it ever appropriate to associate religious harmony with Indonesia?
          Pancasila is the official philosophical foundation of the Indonesian state. ie respect for different peoples and religions , unfortunately today this seems to have been forgotten by the above extremist group , indonesia is spending fortunes on advertising to increase tourism but if the news of the increase in radicalism gets out to the international press, the country will become a pariah therefore negating current efforts to bring in foreign currency.

Comment

I happened to be there when the FPI showed up. They didn't enter the building, though. Didn't cause any disturbance either.
            [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

Remember all religions are supposed to bring goodwill and peace to all men,I think

Comment

Originally posted by scouser59 View Post
                Pancasila is the official philosophical foundation of the Indonesian state. ie respect for different peoples and religions , unfortunately today this seems to have been forgotten by the above extremist group , indonesia is spending fortunes on advertising to increase tourism but if the news of the increase in radicalism gets out to the international press, the country will become a pariah therefore negating current efforts to bring in foreign currency.
                Yes, an insightful comment. I note as well that Pancasila has been ignored by more than extremists; many petty officials and the even the DPR have outright banned church construction and passed onerous laws that all but prohibit Christians practicing their faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
                  I happened to be there when the FPI showed up. They didn't enter the building, though. Didn't cause any disturbance either.
                  They wont dare to do that, especially in Eastern Java Area where Banser NU almost kick all of their arses few years back
                  "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Working...
                  X