Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas banned in Brunei

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-2...brunei/7051680

What is wrong with the Sultan? Btw, I wonder if Christmas is also banned in Aceh?

At least it's a proper War on Christmas and not the phony variety that the American Right serve up every year.
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, I guess religious bigotry is not limited to Donald Trump.

Comment

Brunei is syariah. Interesting article. Balance?
        Last edited by johntap; 24-12-15, 08:37.

Comment

For as long as I know, there is the same going here every year before Christmas; some extremists plead for banning certain festivities and emphasize the 'fact' that Muslims are not allowed to participate in Christmas greetings and wishes.

Perhaps they should also emphasize that Muslims are not allowed to pee standing up. Or that preaching via the mosque speakers is forbidden (only azan).
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Our daughter (Primary School) came home & told us the teacher said they have to go to school on Christmas day, the Hindus will pray & other religions have to clean the school ..... I reassured her that it would not be happening.
            The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

I read an article on this issue in Brunei, If you ever wanted an example is blind ignorance and idiocy wrapped up the guise of religion then look no further. 18 months jail for singing hymns. displaying a Christmas tree or even wearing a red father Christmas hat in public ?? Get a grip please. This is the sort of bullshit that makes "regular Muslims" cringe with embarrassment. It says nothing about Islam but what it does say is the authorities in Brunei are complete fucking retards. By their reckoning Jokowi has committed heresy by wishing the Christians of Indonesia a happy Christmas, and therefore liable to up to 5 years in jail. I cant help but feel that in its struggle to be super pious, Stories like this serve no other purpose other than to do a complete disservice to Islam.

Comment

What Scoot said.

Comment

A former colleague of mine bought a Ferrari F50 which was owned by the Sultan of Brunei. Impressive but not even aircon or radio. Quite funny; the ramp to the garage was too steep so he had to change that and there was only one gas station that had the octane level he needed. I think the sultan has something like $5bio in cars.

Anyway, there is no ban or call to boycot his hotels in LA, Paris, etc. Probably because they do have Christmas decorations.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                    A former colleague of mine bought a Ferrari F50 which was owned by the Sultan of Brunei. Impressive but not even aircon or radio. Quite funny; the ramp to the garage was too steep so he had to change that and there was only one gas station that had the octane level he needed. I think the sultan has something like $5bio in cars.

Anyway, there is no ban or call to boycot his hotels in LA, Paris, etc. Probably because they do have Christmas decorations.
                    Could be because what the Sultan of Brunei says/does is so sidebar that the international press essentially ignores such goings-on.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                      I read an article on this issue in Brunei, If you ever wanted an example is blind ignorance and idiocy wrapped up the guise of religion then look no further. 18 months jail for singing hymns. displaying a Christmas tree or even wearing a red father Christmas hat in public ?? Get a grip please. This is the sort of bullshit that makes "regular Muslims" cringe with embarrassment. It says nothing about Islam but what it does say is the authorities in Brunei are complete fucking retards. By their reckoning Jokowi has committed heresy by wishing the Christians of Indonesia a happy Christmas, and therefore liable to up to 5 years in jail. I cant help but feel that in its struggle to be super pious, Stories like this serve no other purpose other than to do a complete disservice to Islam.
                      Assad visited a church in Damascus a week before Christmas http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...urch-damascus/ . If one can be jailed for up to 5 years for wishing Christians a happy Christmas, what will be the punishment for visiting a church?

Comment

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                        Assad visited a church in Damascus a week before Christmas http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...urch-damascus/ . If one can be jailed for up to 5 years for wishing Christians a happy Christmas, what will be the punishment for visiting a church?
                        A lifetime ban on Pork and Alcohol ??

Comment

Isn't life already complicated enough, why do people like to add some more to it?

Comment

Working...
                          X