X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
    I gotta admit of having a morbid fascination with his candidacy.
    Same here. He's like the Fox News of candidates - a train wreck.

He must be praying for a few more attacks on American soil as it will only boost his candidacy.

Leave a comment:

• Davita
    replied
    I would agree that banning immigrants based on religion would be a true test of USA as a nation. However, even if Trump wins the GOP nomination (and if he doesn't he admitted he'll run as an independant) and gets into the Oval Office....the true test of the founding principles is the USA Congress, which was designed to seperate power back to the people, no matter who is Commander-in-Chief.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    What worries me is not Trump, it's the people who put him as the front runner in the Republican primary, despite saying things that can only be called bigotry.

Trump fans say Muslim plan won't hurt their view of him
    http://usat.ly/1XXxVV6

I gotta admit of having a morbid fascination with his candidacy. If he wins the GOP nomination, it is going to be a true test of USA, whether she actually stands with her founding principles. Banning immigrants based on religion is unprecedented.
    Last edited by Nimbus; 08-12-15, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    In order for the Donald to stay out in front of the Republican pack, outrageous, virulent extremism is no longer enough, he has crossed into El Duci territory; in America it would be more apt to call it El Douchbag territory. That he has a receptive audience is the scary part.
    Apart from trump. who is the money on at the moment for the nomination? I see Carson recently referred to the Star of David on the one dollar bill. Jeb Bush said that a Trump presidency would be better than a Clinton one.
    I read that one possible scenario is a Trump win in the Primary and a coup at the convention to overturn the result and install a different candidate. That would likely split the party and the Republicans would be in serious trouble - even more than now.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    In order for the Donald to stay out in front of the Republican pack, outrageous, virulent extremism is no longer enough, he has crossed into El Duci territory; in America it would be more apt to call it El Douchbag territory. That he has a receptive audience is the scary part.

Leave a comment:

• tokektokek
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    I am sure she and President Trump will get along famously.
    They will get on like a house on fire. I do sometimes wonder if they are actually that stupid or they have some kind of attention deficit disorder. They are the sort of people you would get in a comedy, not real life. It is like they are asking to be ridiculed.

I have just seen joker Trump's latest outburst (a couple of hours ago), he wants a ban on Muslims entering the United States:

http://news.sky.com/story/1601659/tr...ms-entering-us

Leave a comment:

• tokektokek
    replied
    Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    The Front National, the party of the french extreme right wing, has gathered 29,71% of vote for the first round of the election which was held this past week end. They are now the first political party in France, in front of all other parties of the right or left wing.

In March they already managed to gather about 25% of the votes which was already their all time best score.
    That is terrible news. People like her and Donald Trump are a massive step backwards for mankind. They have no place in the world today or the future, I find it amazing and disheartening that there are so many people that actually support extremist views.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    I am sure she and President Trump will get along famously.

Leave a comment:

• DanInAceh
    replied
    The Front National, the party of the french extreme right wing, has gathered 29,71% of vote for the first round of the election which was held this past week end. They are now the first political party in France, in front of all other parties of the right or left wing.

In March they already managed to gather about 25% of the votes which was already their all time best score.
    Demography is destiny; the French people have realized this and I suspect support for the party will continue to grow. This is excellent news for Calais, but perhaps challenging news for French national expats and their families if in a cross-cultural marriage. National Front's message on immigration has calmed (surprisingly) in recent years, but I suspect that they'll push for mass deportations of illegal immigrants and unemployed immigrants at the very least, a moratorium on immigration at worst.

This article, from a few years back, is fascinating and really helps to chart Marine Le Pen's popularity and growth. She's deviated from her father in key ways; I think she speaks perhaps for a majority of the French people because she's nowhere near as (publicly) nutty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/ma...anted=all&_r=0

I'm intrigued to see what happens if she finally manages to seize the presidency.

Leave a comment:

• Davita
    replied

Oh dear! My forecast of more French immigrating to Quebec might become a reality.
    I imagine the French National Front and the UK Nationalist Party leaving the EU...join forces and invade Guernsey....

Leave a comment:

• atlantis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Davita
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
    Separatist is dead in Qc, there is still a party with his supporter, but that would not happen soon.

I didn't think about this, but definitely it would reduce even more the chance it ever happen as it is know (statistic) immigrant are always highly pro-federal.
    If France really cracks down, and some French Muslims feel disenfranchised, they might apply for Landed-Immigrant status to live in the French-speaking area of Quebec. Then, after 4 years, apply for citizenship.
    The Parti Quebecois might be more supported then....and parts of Quebec might be the new Caliphate...
    Last edited by Davita; 23-11-15, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Separatist is dead in Qc, there is still a party with his supporter, but that would not happen soon.

I didn't think about this, but definitely it would reduce even more the chance it ever happen as it is know (statistic) immigrant are always highly pro-federal.

In the previous federal election the party quebecois was totaly wash out, nobody vote for them at all. I didn't look how it was for the last (very recent) election.

I din't even know they were ALL coming in QC... Now I'm even less again it . At least if they were spread around Canada. More they will be concentrate in one place, less it will have chance for they integrate and more it have chance they become a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Davita
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
    A bit from elgoretto:

-Have access to a durable solution

And dan mentionning how much "well" integrated are the arab in France.

Explain in part why I'm against of the migration of 25 000 refugee into Canada - expected to be bring before the end of the year.

The time it too short, the gov don't have have clear plan of what to do with those people, how integrate them, where they will live, where and how those kid will go to school.

And - don't even talk about pasing from the desert to the Canadian winter.

Now, Does moving 25 000 refugee from a refugee camp in the desert to a refugee camp in the winter is giving them a durable solution?
    Do they will have a chance to integrate?

If they are cast aside, as it is very previsible, how much are the chance they could be recruited by ISIS?

Their is also all the matter of the huge amount in so short time, how are the chance isis memeber will hide inside the mass.
    How could we control this?

I would be more favorable to more slow pace with a better planification of their integration.

I would be even more favorable to participating to the creation of a secure refugee camp THERE.
    Is it true that those 25,000 refugees are moving to Quebec so they can increase the vote at the next round when the Quebecois Party might seperate Canada into two distinct countries. That would make sense of the planification.

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    i think single males under retirement age (60-65 is?) who come alone should not be admitted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X