New terrorist attack in Paris, at least 140 dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    The Front National, the party of the french extreme right wing, has gathered 29,71% of vote for the first round of the election which was held this past week end. They are now the first political party in France, in front of all other parties of the right or left wing.

In March they already managed to gather about 25% of the votes which was already their all time best score.
    That is terrible news. People like her and Donald Trump are a massive step backwards for mankind. They have no place in the world today or the future, I find it amazing and disheartening that there are so many people that actually support extremist views.

Comment

• Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
      I am sure she and President Trump will get along famously.
      They will get on like a house on fire. I do sometimes wonder if they are actually that stupid or they have some kind of attention deficit disorder. They are the sort of people you would get in a comedy, not real life. It is like they are asking to be ridiculed.

I have just seen joker Trump's latest outburst (a couple of hours ago), he wants a ban on Muslims entering the United States:

http://news.sky.com/story/1601659/tr...ms-entering-us

Comment

• In order for the Donald to stay out in front of the Republican pack, outrageous, virulent extremism is no longer enough, he has crossed into El Duci territory; in America it would be more apt to call it El Douchbag territory. That he has a receptive audience is the scary part.

Comment

• Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          In order for the Donald to stay out in front of the Republican pack, outrageous, virulent extremism is no longer enough, he has crossed into El Duci territory; in America it would be more apt to call it El Douchbag territory. That he has a receptive audience is the scary part.
          Apart from trump. who is the money on at the moment for the nomination? I see Carson recently referred to the Star of David on the one dollar bill. Jeb Bush said that a Trump presidency would be better than a Clinton one.
          I read that one possible scenario is a Trump win in the Primary and a coup at the convention to overturn the result and install a different candidate. That would likely split the party and the Republicans would be in serious trouble - even more than now.
          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• What worries me is not Trump, it's the people who put him as the front runner in the Republican primary, despite saying things that can only be called bigotry.

Trump fans say Muslim plan won't hurt their view of him
            http://usat.ly/1XXxVV6

I gotta admit of having a morbid fascination with his candidacy. If he wins the GOP nomination, it is going to be a true test of USA, whether she actually stands with her founding principles. Banning immigrants based on religion is unprecedented.
            Last edited by Nimbus; 08-12-15, 18:08.

Comment

• I would agree that banning immigrants based on religion would be a true test of USA as a nation. However, even if Trump wins the GOP nomination (and if he doesn't he admitted he'll run as an independant) and gets into the Oval Office....the true test of the founding principles is the USA Congress, which was designed to seperate power back to the people, no matter who is Commander-in-Chief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                I gotta admit of having a morbid fascination with his candidacy.
                Same here. He's like the Fox News of candidates - a train wreck.

He must be praying for a few more attacks on American soil as it will only boost his candidacy.
                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X