New terrorist attack in Paris, at least 140 dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimdub View Post
    Please pick some European countries that have more or less opened their doors to the multicultural experiment and give real examples of how it is working fine.
    So easy:

United Kingdom
    Sweden
    France
    Germany
    And many more, in fact any country where there is multiculturalism it has enriched the country, bought humans together as one (which we all are, all this silly divide - us and them BS spouted by some users is immature and shows an unadvanced and undeveloped mind), and makes the country a much nicer and pleasent place to live. Just take a visit to Camden, London - you can eat food from a variety of different areas of the world together in the same place, cooked by people from that area.

Just because you happened to be born in a certain area of the world, does not give you any more rights than any other human born in a different area. We are all the same.

The only people saying multiculturalism has failed are racists, and the extreme far right - both of which will contribute fully to the problems of the world, and escalate the fallout from these attacks in Paris by these sick little pieces of s**t. We all need to come together and work together as one, you have a right to help your fellow humans from all parts of the world, just as much as the chunk of land you by chance were born on.

Anyone who can not see how great multiculturalism is and what a great success it has been and will continue to be, has 1000 rolls of ducktape stuck over there eyes - please remove it, and evolve!

Comment

Multiculturalism isn't the issue I agree with previous comments about the richness that immigrants to the UK have brought with them from the very first time of the Wind Rush (the first ship to land in the UK loaded up with west Indian Immigrants). They have enriched our societies by INTERGRATING with the indigenous population. How well equipped do you think the present wave of refugees are to cope with INTERGRATION into English, French, German etc. society ?? Simple answer is they are not, they will form their own sub class of ghettos and live off the dole to the resentment of the British population (who didn't want them in the first place)

Multiculturalism works. I am testimony to that, but only when people are prepared to INTERGRATE. A lot of the present social problems in the UK are caused by later arriving refugees from Islamic countries (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia, Middle east, West Africa) to the UK who REFUSE TO INTERGRATE and strive for the implementation of sharia law, Islamic schools, halal food etc. Its these type of Immigrants and refugees that all seem to be fleeing a "war" or "persecution" of one type or another that have fucked multiculturalism by adopting an "us and them" mentality in the UK by refusing point blank to INTERGRATE into society.

Before anyone wants to shoot me down as islamaphobic, or racist please note I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Indian, Pakistani, Moroccan and Algerian kids. we all went to the same school, and eat the same school dinners. We all attended assembly time and sung hymns together and they were all proud to be in a country like England. We would play round each others houses (my very first exposure to Islam) and their parents were all friendly hard working good Muslim people trying to make a better life than the one they had left behind. The present air of Islamic militancy just didn't exist. They were immigrants, they were Muslims just happy to be in the UK, and we were happy to have them as friends and neighbours, and they were happy to be that to us They didn't go on marches round the capital with their faces covered up waving placards threatening death to non Muslims, or burning poppies at the cenotaph on remembrance day. They didn't openly despise the indigenous population, our culture, England and the principles that it was founded on. This is problem brought about by the recent wave of refuges and their REFUSAL TO INTERGRATE.

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
        So easy:

United Kingdom
        Sweden
        France
        Germany
        And many more, in fact any country where there is multiculturalism it has enriched the country, bought humans together as one (which we all are, all this silly divide - us and them BS spouted by some users is immature and shows an unadvanced and undeveloped mind), and makes the country a much nicer and pleasent place to live. Just take a visit to Camden, London - you can eat food from a variety of different areas of the world together in the same place, cooked by people from that area.

Just because you happened to be born in a certain area of the world, does not give you any more rights than any other human born in a different area. We are all the same.
        Couldn't agree more
        Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

I agree with all the posts of Dan and Scoot, these refugees only a small percentage of them from Syria and only a small percentage of families with children, but mostly young single men, traveled through six safe countries where they could have applied for asylum, by the time they reached the borders of Germany, Sweden, Norway and The Netherlands they are not refugees anymore but become economic migrants and welfare recipients.

But Dan in post #37, "send 'em all to Japan" do you have a hidden agenda and are you working single handedly on the Islamification of Japan?? The one country if I am not mistaken who doesn't have a mosque.

Comment

West indiers, Indians, Pakistani, Jamaicans, where all former subjects of the Englisjh empire, they were used to English customs and the British to theirs so integration was no problem and multiculturalism between these countries already existed also between the Indonesians and the Dutch, French and their former colonies.

Then came the refugees from Islamic countries, now we have Arab Islamic ghettos in England, Germany, France, Sweden and Norway and there goes the multiculturalism. Gone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
              Then you can speak to why they're leaving Turkey? If it's not the lure of a better life, what is it? They're clearly not in danger there, and clearly Turkey has an obligation both by UN agreement (as noted above) and by its past (long) colonial history in the region.

The Aylan Kurdi story really solidified it for me. The father had relocated his family for years away from the fighting, yet he was still "fleeing conflict" by making a perilous (and short) journey to Greece as an entry to the rest of Europe. He got his child killed through his own negligence, yet the rest of us are supposed to open our hearts? WTF?

Ya'll done lost ya damn minds.

We've got our own problems, our own conflict seen on the streets. Fix that. Don't go looking for trouble by taking in Syrian (or any other) refugees. I'm so over it. I'm so over the incessant quest to save the world's people.
              There are hundreds of thousands fleeing...for well documented good reason. Damn them all for the crime of seeking a life better than slowly wasting away in a Turkish refugee camp. If you wish to hook your bigotry to one questionable story, further discussion is pointless. I will say no more.

Comment

Looks like the terrorists plan is working, this is a good article, confirms the fears that so many people aren't thinking, and just going along with what the terrorists want them to do - hating refugees :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hate-refugees/

Comment

Originally posted by benederlof View Post
                  I agree with all the posts of Dan and Scoot, these refugees only a small percentage of them from Syria and only a small percentage of families with children, but mostly young single men, traveled through six safe countries where they could have applied for asylum, by the time they reached the borders of Germany, Sweden, Norway and The Netherlands they are not refugees anymore but become economic migrants and welfare recipients.
                  Logically, the families with children, women, the handicapped, the elderly, and the poor, does not have the strength (and money) to run cross borders and seas.
                  Ironically, for me, these are the real people who need help the most.
                  They are stuck in the war zone.

Comment

Right now canada is planning to accept 25 000 syrian refugee.
                    Since the event at Paris it have become very controversed.

For the problem mentionned by Scoot, a huge mass like this will never integrate.
                    They will undoubtly becoming a marginalised group living in gettho like in France.

It's not a solution as it's solve NOTHING to the problem and at the best will add future problem to Canada.

Now add to this the chance that terrorist hide among the refugee... It will not end well!
                    But still, the gov want go through with his project.
                    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Poland’s new foreign minister has proposed forming an army out of the Syrian men arriving in Europe which could then return to their homeland to fight for freedom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-Europe.html

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                        ... a huge mass like this will never integrate.
                        They will undoubtly becoming a marginalised group living in gettho like in France...
                        Yes, just like the Irish fleeing potato famines... or maybe like those fleeing to the United State's after its failed Indochina adventure... or possible those fleeing the last Balkan war. And then there is always the Yellow Peril example. All marginalised ghetto denizens; we would all be better off if they were rounded up and shipped home.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                          There are hundreds of thousands fleeing...for well documented good reason. Damn them all for the crime of seeking a life better than slowly wasting away in a Turkish refugee camp. If you wish to hook your bigotry to one questionable story, further discussion is pointless. I will say no more.
                          And will you save them all? Let's just take in all of the developing world, relocate almost every soul in Africa, Southeast Asia and Central America to developed economies and expect that opportunity will abound.

We cannot handle this many people, especially people coming from a conflict which seeks to engulf our states as well.

You want to help them for the right reasons, but the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

They need to remain in neighboring states in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by benederlof View Post
                            But Dan in post #37, "send 'em all to Japan" do you have a hidden agenda and are you working single handedly on the Islamification of Japan?? The one country if I am not mistaken who doesn't have a mosque.
                            First and foremost, there are masajid in Japan and no, Islam is not banned in Japan. It's a rumor common in the Islamophobia-sphere of the internet.

I suggest they be sent to Japan and South Korea because those countries take in almost no refugees and in one case you have a country with significant and recent blood on its hands to absolve itself of and in both you have countries rebuilt by others. I also suggest it because I know they'll NEVER do that.

Why? Because they're smart, they value social cohesion and homogeneity. Note that the sky did not fall in either case.

Why is it that the West is expected to shoulder this burden? It's time for someone else to pick up the slack. Let them become "culturally enriched" to the point where their indigenous identity itself is threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                              These comments are cynical in the extreme. To suggest that Syrians are not fleeing for their lives, but are making calculated decisions to better their economic conditions is simply, to use the poster's catch phrase, hogwash. Hearing such "blame the victim" screeds is depressing, and I hope, not the majority view. America is a better place today because of past opendoor acceptance of immigrants and refugees. It is the nay-sayers, the fearful, the distrustful, and those who don't want "them" to be among "us" who will ultimately be the destroyers of Western liberal democracy and along with it the freedoms we all enjoy. If the West responds as Dan suggests, ISIS terrorist will have set us on the path toward our own demise. We are better than that, I hope.
                              A great response to Dan's post Waarmie. I'd like to add:

How ironic that people here complain about the problem for immigrants to failingly integrate into their destination country. How well did you integrate into Indonesian society? Ohhhh...the sound from the mosque is too loud here. Why do all maid go back home to their village during Ramadhan etc....Well, these migrants might not have any channel through which they can express their concerns or objection to something. These people are not expats who travel to a different country with salary and other benefits. They are fleeing from war.

As for Dan, I have given up to debate with logic. In fact no matter how well-documented your evidence are, it won't change someone's ideology.

Comment

Many years ago 35 thousand Ugandan Asians were deported by Idiot Amin, there was some concern I recall about the number, but most were skilled and professional people, most if not all fitted in well, they Integrated, you know I have no idea what their religion was as they mixed in well with the English workers At Kingston were I was working at the time, When I move to Heathrow, there were many Asian Staff, religion, race were never mentioned, we had a job to do and got on with it, The staff canteen at BA did the best curry Ive ever had,

So whats multi culture, that word never existed years ago, we just mixed in and got on with our lives, Race relation has become a business, If you don't Integrate the world passes you by, Im wondering about the 70% young men, Do they have any skills, Have they left their wives and families behind, I think it was in the Daily Express this evening, that someone has suggested they be recruited into an Army and sent back to fight, it didn't say who for.

Comment

Working...
                                X