Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New terrorist attack in Paris, at least 140 dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So far most of the terrorist attack in recent time were commit by native citizen with psychological problem.

    The huge difference with the charlie hebdo attack is now it is not an attack to a group who ashame their god... It's toward the whole french society by shooting randomly different place.
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

    Comment


    • #17
      Yep that's a horrendous act of terror. Agreed with some of the assessment above, the right wing will use this to bolster their anti-migrants/refugees campaign. But I wonder why people around the world didn't pay much attention to what happened in Beirut. I guess the foundation of humanity lays on the land of those powerful ones.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
        I was thinking Charlie Hebdo, but I suppose French support for Iran would be yet another factor. Then there's also the possibility of convenience. France has a large Muslim population, and I suspect that the terrorists had French citizenship. In most of these cases, the cell seeks out the jihad franchise rather than the other way around.
        A report in the UK Independent states that a Syrian passport was found on one of the bombers. Probably a bit early, though, to accept that as fact.
        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
        George Bernard Shaw

        Comment


        • #19
          According to The Guardian: IS statement claiming responsibility refers to Paris as the capital of abomination and perversity and the people attending the gig were 'apostates attending an adulterous party'.

          Odd how similar these nut-job religious extremists sound at times.
          Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

          Comment


          • #20
            Paris the capital of abomination and perversity? They definitely don't travel a lot!

            I just have a chat with a friend of mine, a moroccan living in paris. She live on the same road than the theater... She heard the "boom" of the crazy one who bomb suicide.

            She is fine but she expect more intolerance toward the VISIBLE muslim. She said her she never have problem as she don't wear jilbab and mix up with French.
            She dress like every other French and her accent start to be quite French (at least to my ear).

            Assimilated (muslim) foreigner don't really have problem... Despite she believe her name is part of the reason she have trouble to find a job!
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

            Comment


            • #21
              My sincere condolences to all the victims and families. Sad day for all of us not just the French.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                Yep that's a horrendous act of terror. Agreed with some of the assessment above, the right wing will use this to bolster their anti-migrants/refugees campaign. But I wonder why people around the world didn't pay much attention to what happened in Beirut. I guess the foundation of humanity lays on the land of those powerful ones.
                Another bomb in the Middle East. Not really news anymore.
                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                George Bernard Shaw

                Comment


                • #23
                  Poland is backtracking on its commitment to certain migrant quotas as a result of the post-Paris political climate.
                  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6734521.html
                  "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                  George Bernard Shaw

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    really really sad and tearful situation. condolences to the families and those who lost their lives for nothing. lets just hope that people do not take their anguish, pain and anger out on the normal law abiding french muslim community, that would be another tragedy.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                      Yep that's a horrendous act of terror. Agreed with some of the assessment above, the right wing will use this to bolster their anti-migrants/refugees campaign. But I wonder why people around the world didn't pay much attention to what happened in Beirut. I guess the foundation of humanity lays on the land of those powerful ones.
                      Or Syria for that matter, 150 lives lost is just another day over there, probably a slow one.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
                        really really sad and tearful situation. condolences to the families and those who lost their lives for nothing. lets just hope that people do not take their anguish, pain and anger out on the normal law abiding french muslim community, that would be another tragedy.
                        That's exactly what these fucking animals want.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by lantern View Post
                          Poland is backtracking on its commitment to certain migrant quotas as a result of the post-Paris political climate.
                          http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6734521.html
                          Most East European countries were strong-armed by Germany into accepting the quotas in the first place. They will take any chance to get out of that 'agreement'. Migrants will be very happy too, none of them wanted to go to Poland in the first place.

                          One of the things some East European countries were pointing out is that a situation like this might arise, that among hundreds of thousands of people crossing national borders unchecked there might be terrorist cells taking opportunity of the lax enforcement. At the time folks who pointed that out were characterized as bigoted and right wing nuts.

                          I am not a right wing nut. In fact I am probably way on the left side of political spectrum, but a certain hardening of European borders is both inevitable and long overdue. The problem is, it is hard to state that these days without falling foul of the PC police.
                          Take my advice, I don't need it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Niko Z. View Post
                            Most East European countries were strong-armed by Germany into accepting the quotas in the first place. They will take any chance to get out of that 'agreement'. Migrants will be very happy too, none of them wanted to go to Poland in the first place.

                            One of the things some East European countries were pointing out is that a situation like this might arise, that among hundreds of thousands of people crossing national borders unchecked there might be terrorist cells taking opportunity of the lax enforcement. At the time folks who pointed that out were characterized as bigoted and right wing nuts.

                            I am not a right wing nut. In fact I am probably way on the left side of political spectrum, but a certain hardening of European borders is both inevitable and long overdue. The problem is, it is hard to state that these days without falling foul of the PC police.
                            Apparently one of the attackers, who had a Syrian passport, was smuggled through Greece and on to France.
                            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                            George Bernard Shaw

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              To be fair, that particular passport has been registered by Greek and Croatian authorities on it's way to France. The passport holder was not on any terrorist watch list. There were Syrian passports found in wake of previous attacks in Europe as well.

                              One of the issues with the mass migration that has happened in Europe is that many people were allowed to cross borders without any documents. Some migrants threw away their passports before border crossings in order to claim refugee status more easily (they were not necessarily from war zones). Many migrants who had passports were not registered on their way to Schengen area as the authorities were just waving trains and buses forward. A few bad apples could have easily slipped through that way as well.
                              Last edited by Niko Z.; 15-11-15, 07:40.
                              Take my advice, I don't need it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't think there's anything bigoted about anticipating that terrorists might hide among the refugees. It's the most logical move for those terrorists. What's wrong is using the terrorist excuse to avoid dealing with refugees.

                                Among these refugees, there are of course a majority of genuine people fleeing the war. Can we prevent opportunist fake refugees from hiding among them? Can we prevent isis fighters from hiding among them?
                                I don't really think so, unfortunately.

                                There isn't any simple answer to this issue. It's a shit storm and all solutions will have huge downsides. And clearly, isis currently has the upper hand.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X