New terrorist attack in Paris, at least 140 dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New terrorist attack in Paris, at least 140 dead

Here we go again... The president has closed the borders.

Multiple gunners shot at crowds simultaneously in various parts of Paris along with explosions near the stadium where France - Germany soccer game was taking place. A hostage situation is also happening at a famous concert hall.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/13/gun-bat...-near-stadium/

This is serious shit. Latest death toll around 140. Politically, it could be a game changer.
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Awful news to wake-up to and I fear the death toll is going to rise over the next few hours.

My first guess would be that concerns that jihadis will return to Europe from the battlefields in Iraq and Syria to wreak havoc, are proving well-founded.
      Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

Originally posted by londo_edan View Post

My first guess would be that concerns that jihadis will return to Europe from the battlefields in Iraq and Syria to wreak havoc, are proving well-founded.
        And the concern is that they will return posing as asylum seekers.
        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

140 dead... Freaking suicide bombers, that's actually a first in France. Seriously sick of this shit

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
            Politically, it could be a game changer.
            It will undoubtedly be a game changer and unfortunately the only one who will profit from this situation is the extreme right. They are railroaded to be governing in 2017.

Here is what I was writing a year ago and it is just a bit more true today: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post437448

Sinceres condoleances aux familles des victimes.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              It will undoubtedly be a game changer and unfortunately the only one who will profit from this situation is the extreme right. They are railroaded to be governing in 2017.

Here is what I was writing a year ago and it is just a bit more true today: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post437448

Sinceres condoleances aux familles des victimes.
              I'm afraid this is where we're heading.

I've revised the title of the thread to update on latest death count.

Comment

What was the implication of France with ISIS?

After this coward attack, what could come next? I think it's impossible France just do anything.

Toutes mes condoleance pour les familles des victimes.
                La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

I feel helpless. The more of these savage jackholes killing people, the more bigoted the targeted societies become, which in turn makes life harder on Muslims and pushes some to join ISIS. I would hate to be a beur in France right now.

My sincere condolences to all the families of the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                    What was the implication of France with ISIS?

After this coward attack, what could come next? I think it's impossible France just do anything.

Toutes mes condoleance pour les familles des victimes.
                    Air strikes in Syria I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                      I feel helpless. The more of these savage jackholes killing people, the more bigoted the targeted societies become, which in turn makes life harder on Muslims and pushes some to join ISIS. I would hate to be a beur in France right now.

My sincere condolences to all the families of the victims.
                      Refugees are going to have a very hard time too. Hatred from far right groups towards is just gonna get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                        Refugees are going to have a very hard time too. Hatred from far right groups towards is just gonna get worse.
                        Possibly, but a swing to the far right in Europe might not be a foregone conclusion. In the Uk for e.g., the anti-immigration UKIP party did very badly earlier this year and only managed 1 seat (despite a lot of commentators predicting a swing to those xenophobes).

The Guardian is reporting that some 200+ ISIS trained jihadis have since returned to France, and these are French citizens.

Very depressing to read spme of the splenetic anti-Islamic rhetoric doing the rounds on the web (not here) and on outlets such as Fox News.
                        Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

Originally posted by londo_edan View Post
                          Possibly, but a swing to the far right in Europe might not be a foregone conclusion. In the Uk for e.g., the anti-immigration UKIP party did very badly earlier this year and only managed 1 seat (despite a lot of commentators predicting a swing to those xenophobes).

The Guardian is reporting that some 200+ ISIS trained jihadis have since returned to France, and these are French citizens.

Very depressing to read spme of the splenetic anti-Islamic rhetoric doing the rounds on the web (not here) and on outlets such as Fox News.
                          DunnoMate, 4 million voted for UKIP, not a small number, Very sad my condolences to all my French mates, The French are not to forgiving, I also feel sorry for innocent muslims who want nothing to do with this animals, they will be tarred with the same brush, no simple answer I'm afraid as most Muslims want nothing to do with this barbaric rabble,

Comment

My condolences for the victims and families , unfortunately the only answer for these animals is annihilation ,which I am sure they will receive soon , good riddance

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                              Air strikes in Syria I believe.
                              I was thinking Charlie Hebdo, but I suppose French support for Iran would be yet another factor. Then there's also the possibility of convenience. France has a large Muslim population, and I suspect that the terrorists had French citizenship. In most of these cases, the cell seeks out the jihad franchise rather than the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X